BannerFans.com

Help! ATF fluid levels - engine running or not?

#1 by pcat , Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Need help getting my ATF levels right - i'm between the two hot marks when warmed up and with the engine running but with the engine off it looks way over

I was sure it was done with the engine running but re-checked it just now and there's a few bubbles in it, so i'm concerned i've done it wrong!

pcat  
pcat
Date registered 08.28.2017

RE: Help! ATF fluid levels - engine running or not?

#2 by ronniecabers , Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:24 pm

some do it with the engine running as the fluid is easier to remove. Can you measure the old fluid you took out? Does it have a ' cold ' mark on the dipstick.

Not 100% sure but my gut feeling would be that if it is between the two hot marks with the engine running , it will be fine...

just done a quick internet search and hopefully this will help .. http://scion.custhelp.com/app/answers/de...ission-fluid%3F

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Date registered 11.09.2012

#3 by pcat , Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Yeah i think it is with engine running, once its stopped a bunch of oil goes back into the pan from the torque converter and hoses. I,m guessing at least a litre and possibly 2, so only one way is the right way

I popped a hose the other day so cant measure, as its smeared down about 50 yards of local tarmac lol

pcat  
pcat

#4 by Mallinman , Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:36 pm

With it not running all the fluid drains down. Iíd have thought it wants to be right wen running. As thatís when u need it to be right. Surely it Donít matter 2 much if itís over the line a bit when stood. Itís stood. Itís not goanna hurt anything. All boxes have breather valves so they canít over pressurise.

2005 OM605 turbo. animal, Stainless exhaust, custom rear bed, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift
1 Diy engine rebuild. So far.....

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#5 by Jimbo1 , Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi gang
My 4x4 light keeps flashing long the dash but when in 4x4 it stays on! Anyone know what it could be?
Many thanks James.

Jimbo1
Date registered 11.03.2017

#6 by ronniecabers , Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 pm

@Jimbo1 start a new thread as your query will get lost here

Will more than likely be a Vacuum leak or sticking actuator... very common problem!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Date registered 11.09.2012

#7 by Maniacalkevo198 , Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Hey could a wire in the oil pan for automatic gearbox course a problem itís going to a solenoid it looks like itís rubbed though

Maniacalkevo198  
Maniacalkevo198
Date registered 01.10.2018

#8 by pcat , Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:37 am

Quote: Maniacalkevo198 wrote in post #7
Hey could a wire in the oil pan for automatic gearbox course a problem itís going to a solenoid it looks like itís rubbed though

That might be the ATF temp guage, so yes. Does the dash light come on and go off on startup?

Ps you would probably get a better answer starting another thread

pcat  
pcat

Help

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor