SRS Light on Dash

#1 by LPS2001 , Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Guys
looking to see if anyone has had a similar fault.

I have a L200 Animal 2007 have had it for about 4 months no issue up until a couple of days ago

SRS airbag light came for no apparent reason.

I had it checked in Garage no Fault codes when plugged in.
Garage thought I had maybe moved seat and stretched harness under seat so reset the light on dash and it went out
Drove home light came back on again.
Garage had another look at it checked squibs ect everything checked out okay.
We did notice that the Harness under both seats had been unplugged but they had been unplugged since I bought it 4 months ago but light only came on 2 days ago???

Plugged them back in no change to light

Garage has recommended an auto electrician look at it as they think it could be a broken wire somewhere

Just though I would ask if anyone has had similar issue or idea what is going on

Thanks in advance for your help

cheers

LPS2001  
LPS2001
Date registered 10.22.2018

RE: SRS Light on Dash

#2 by Rem708 , Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm

This was a common problem on clio's. The general recommendation was to remove the plugs and solder/crimp the wires to eliminate connectivity issues. I would be VERY careful playing in this area as you could trigger the air bag to fire. Make sure you disconnect the battery and wait 15 mins before mucking around with cables. Generally keep away from the steering wheel when poking around.

05 Warrior double cab 74T

Rem708  
Rem708
Date registered 10.26.2018

RE: SRS Light on Dash

#3 by LPS2001 , Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Thanks for the reply yes the airbags going off was a worry I had but I have an auto electrician coming to see the truck tomorrow think I will leave it to him!

LPS2001  
LPS2001
Date registered 10.22.2018

Harsh Ride
4x4 both green lights out

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor