Dashboard display problems and more !

#1 by jeffd , Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:57 pm

Hi there, I have 2012 L200 auto. I got bounced on the MOT as the rear fog light was not working. I was in a new town and had no tools or place to work and was in a hurry so tried a local garage. They fixed the light and dropped the vehicle off with the MOT and I paid up. Yes I should have checked but.... Next got into the car on a Friday night and set off for home - 800 miles away. Both active stability lights were on ( yes the off light and the on light ), the gear selector display ( P, D etc) was blank and the gearbox will not change up or down no matter what I do with the lever. It drives ( in one gear ) fine and Park, Neutral and reverse all work, but no display. I made it home very slowly but now have to either fix it myself or find another garage. Anyone have any ideas what they have done - or is it just a horrible coincidence !

jeffd  
jeffd
Date registered 12.11.2019

RE: Dashboard display problems and more !

#2 by Saudirick , Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:58 am

You drove 800 miles in 1st gear? Its only 874 miles from Lands End to John O Groats so not sure where you live or where the garage is. I would call the garage and have a word with them, failing that, you need to check all the fuses

Saudirick  
Saudirick
Date registered 10.13.2020

RE: Dashboard display problems and more !

#3 by jeffd , Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:59 am

Problem seems to have been resolved. Saw on another forum that the A/T relay can cause problems. Took it out, tested it - OK - put it back and everything works ! Probably just a bad contact.

jeffd  
jeffd
Date registered 12.11.2019

Auto gearbox selector shaft seal
Stalling at idle and reverse. Not EGR! 2011 Series 4

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor