Diff lock light flashing

#1 by langwade ( Guest ) , Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:36 pm

I hope someone can help. I have a 2017 Fiat Fullback. I realise this is a forum for the L200 but there are so few members on the Fiat forum for the Full back so I am hoping you can help .

I have not used 4 wheel drive for some time. While in 2 wheel drive, at 50mph, the diff lock light started flashing, the ABS lights and ESC lights came on. I tried to engage 4 wheel drive while stopped, alternated between forward and reverse but lights would not go out. I think the problem is with the Diff lock sensor. Has anyone else had this problem, and how was it rectified? I have found I can get 4 wheel drive if I switch off select 4 wheel drive, start the engine and reverse, it goes into 4 wheel drive, to get back to 2 wheel drive its the reverse. Bit of a fag when I want to get a load of sheep out of a muddy field.

langwade

RE: Diff lock light flashing

#2 by Langwade ( Guest ) , Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Problem sorted. It was not the diff lock sensor, but a chaffed wire on the ABS. The ABS, stability control and the four wheel drive system are all linked, so hence the mass of lights on the dash. Easily repaired once the damaged wire was found.

Langwade

RE: Diff lock light flashing

#3 by Langwade ( Guest ) , Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Problem sorted. It was not the diff lock sensor, but a chaffed wire on the ABS. The ABS, stability control and the four wheel drive system are all linked, so hence the mass of lights on the dash. Easily repaired once the damaged wire was found.

Langwade

Extra lights
Code reader for 53 plate L200

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor