Mystifying fault codes that don’t make sense

#1 by EdTrojan , Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:29 pm

Evening all, I’ll get straight to the point:

After plugging my Mitsi tuning chip in to the ecu for some reason my SRS light came on? I assumed it was because I’d pushed the passenger seat right back and disconnected the plug under the seat that connects to the airbag. Turns out I can’t find such a plug under the seat so that was that theory out the window.

I removed the drivers airbag but could find nothing wrong there either, so then I removed the covers on the door columns to look at the wiring in and around the seat belt systems but nothing seemed loose so again, I drew a blank.

Obviously I’ve disconnected the chip and put everything back to normal but still the light stays on, both times I disconnected the battery so as to not fuse anything which swiftly brings me to my next check. The fuses, all of which are intact. Bugger.

So as a last resort I did ye auld earth wire in the obd reader which threw an extra spanner in the works and displayed two errors: 26 + 27 both of which I think are to do with the rear dif or some solenoid sensor, im not sure. But I’m positive the rear dif is fine as is all the 4x4 gubbins.

So basically my tiny untrained yet ever willing brain has boiled over and can’t figure it out.

Suggestions welcome, and if there is anything I’ve highlighted which is glaringly obvious as the culprit, then give it me both barrels

EdTrojan  
EdTrojan
Date registered 02.07.2022

RE: Mystifying fault codes that don’t make sense

#2 by EdTrojan , Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 pm

Forgot to add, my truck is 2006 classic shape Trojan

EdTrojan  
EdTrojan

Last edited 03.08.2022 | Top

#3 by Bankzi , Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:05 pm

Sorry to bring up an old post but did you sort this mate?

Bankzi  
Bankzi
Date registered 12.09.2016

#4 by EdTrojan , Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:09 pm

Yes I did mate thanks for asking. Just needed a decent code reader that I borrowed off a friend to reset the sensor! Happy days

EdTrojan  
EdTrojan

2008 raging bull power/egr issues
SRS warning light on K74 L200

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor