Vibration at idle.

#1 by Gray ( Guest ) , Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Transfer case mount was missing on my 2011 l200 when I purchased it, so i replaced it , then a vibration throughout the cab began. I checked the alignment and everything is correct with no load on rubber bush retaining bolt, but as soon as i tighten it the cab vibrates. Loosen it off and the vibration goes away, but the mount is not secure then. Has any one experienced this before.

Gray

RE: Vibration at idle.

#2 by Rob1307 , Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:33 am

You may have a weak mount on the engine or gearbox that’s allowing more vibration than usual to be passed to the one you have fitted, if you get someone to sit in the truck and with the engine running take it to the bite point in first and reverse and see if the engine rocks excessively to one side, with a torch also look at the gearbox where it mounts for excessive movement. You can also use a bar between the gearbox and crossmember to lever on the box looking for movement it shouldn’t have

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

L200 56 plate codes 12, 18 and 51 - starts fine then limp mode after a few seconds
Cam sensor

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor