hello from geoff

#1 by geoff , Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:07 pm

hi all. newbie Geoff here.
My son just bought a 2.5 4WD club cab (2005) in very nice restored condition. Perhaps it is known on this forum - bought in Luton but hails from sheffield or hull according to the MOT's.
Seems very nice & low mileage - but the sump is damaged. Does anyone know how difficult it is to change?

geoff  
geoff
Date registered 09.16.2012

RE: hello from geoff

#2 by Rob1307 , Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:24 am

It’s a pain to do but can be got out without lifting the engine up. I did mine by removing the anti roll bar and dropping the steering link down out of the way, remove the foam pad off the old one and bend the metal brackets flat against the sump, remove the bolts that hold it to the engine and pry it off with a large screwdriver, you should be able to wiggle the sump out now with some cursing and swearing. If it gets stuck you can also remove the oil pickup pipe for a bit more wiggle room. Don’t forget to remove the oil drain pipe drivers side.
With the new sump I cut the brackets off and gave it two coats of paint to help protect it from rust before fitting, they don’t have a gasket so use a decent face fit gasket sealer and then wiggle the new one back in and bolt it up. I left mine overnight for the sealer to set before filling with oil as I never wanted to take it off again

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

Hi everyone !
L200 K7_T Newbie here

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor