gear levers

#1 by treeboa , Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:00 pm

i replied on a topic recently about gear levers, mentioned about making them, there were some thoughts about mounting switches into the tops

so yesterday i made a mandrel to turn them on, then realised something - the main gearbox lever i dont think can have a switch in the top, lez kindly sent me a pair of lever tops to play with
its overall length is 13.2 cm
the overall depth of the hole is 11.7 cm this gives you little to nothing you can recess a switch into, the transfer lever top at an overall length of 7.75, and internal depth of 6.5 again leaves little to work with

yes you could make the internal depth less however that comes at a price of the top not reaching the gaiter cover, the only other option then is to make the length of the top longer, however you then have to consider how much longer the gear levers become

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

RE: gear levers

#2 by LezT , Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Mike, why can't we have a longer gear knob, it will just sit slightly taller, another idea was to make the knob shorter, with much less of a skirt and to have an extension part in rubber or the like down to the gaitor. Or my other plot was to drill them into the front of the knob after you made them with just a thin cable hole running down the handle vertically and going into the gaitor so it wasn't seen.
Think short knob and rubber extension would be the one most members would identify with....................so I'm told.
Lez.

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

Last edited 12.11.2011 | Top

#3 by treeboa , Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:43 pm

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

treeboa

#4 by LezT , Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Mike, if I hadn't known you for a while now........................I would be really distressed about what goes on in your head............... but instead I can't see the problem, soak in vinegar overnight, always worked on me conkers......

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#5 by treeboa , Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:24 pm

i do have a sense of humour that can be a bit err mmmm strange at times, be glad i found a better piccy than i was gonna post, poor lou would be shoving prozac like smarties

treeboa

#6 by Red Rooster , Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Posted by: LezT
Mike, if I hadn't known you for a while now........................I would be really distressed about what goes on in your head............... but instead I can't see the problem, soak in vinegar overnight, always worked on me conkers......

you would have to soak that in vinegar for at least a week

1999 double cab green over silver

The nicest thing about the future is ... that it always starts tomorrow.

Red Rooster
Date registered 10.18.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Thanks to Lez

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor