Honest opinion

#1 by dazmanf , Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:19 am

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/custom...-amp/1044822865

What's the thoughts on this, basic electric guitar

2003 warrior RIP Monday 10th February 2014
2001 trojan green over silver, 30mm wheel spacers, all terrains, side steps removed, egr blanked, air con unit, rad and tension plate removed.
Trojan died the ole bitch, driving a Peugeot 406 now ffs

dazmanf
Date registered 09.07.2012

RE: Honest opinion

#2 by Willibob , Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:33 am

It looks like a Fender Squier.

If so, they're quite cheap. There's one on a buy it now on fleabay for £60.

I've had a Squier for over 10 years. Its a good basic guitar. I paid £140 for it new including an amp (but that was over 10 years ago!!).

If I had £200 to spend on a guitar I personally would buy the best new one I could find instead of paying for someone else's artwork.

Might also be difficult to sell on without losing money.

My tuppence worth.

2006 Trojan Classic, black, 58k miles
Cooper Discoverer A/T3s
Chrome nudge bar & double hoop roll bars
Extended shackles (from LezT)
ProComp ES9000 +2" rear shocks
Future mods:
Stainless 3" side bars

Willibob
Date registered 08.27.2013

#3 by woody13 , Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:41 am

It could be any strat copy,ya might be buying a piece of crap.For that kind of money you can get a nice,half decent guitar worth having.Don't buy it...

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#4 by Discodaz , Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Yeah,its a strat copy..theres different quality copy's about from cheap rockburn eats up to the better copies...i would be interested tbh..if its a cheaper one,sure you can learn to play on them,but they have so many problems..setting them up correctly is near impossible.the action will always be high in order to eliminate fret buzz..because its high action,its actually difficult to play.

For that money you can get a les paul copy..vintage,epiphone,tanglewood ect..they are mid range guitars and sound amazing.they are easily set up and low action making them far easier to play.this is second hand prices by the way..if you want a strat..i can recommend the squire..its a great budget strat.

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Founder member of " THE GLEAM TEAM "

Discodaz
Date registered 03.15.2013

#5 by Discodaz , Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:03 pm

That should read wouldn't be interested

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Discodaz

#6 by dazmanf , Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Sorry forgot to say, it's a basic elec I got years ago and didn't play, I rubbed it down and done the artwork myself, was wondering g if the £200 Ono was high but reading above, it's a bit high.
Thanks folks

2001 trojan green over silver, 30mm wheel spacers, all terrains, side steps removed, egr blanked, air con unit, rad and tension plate removed.

dazmanf

#7 by krutly , Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Awkward .........

I would suggest whenever you sell anything, try it for a higher price first, cause you never know someone may "have" to have it and will pay the asking price. I did this with some stuff I sold for my mum a while back. advertised it at a higher price than it was worth really, only had one phone call (on a 3 week advert) and they bought it.
anything is worth "as much as someone else is willing to pay" , simple as that
good luck with the sale bud

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#8 by dazmanf , Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:41 pm

£200 is what I thought to be my high price, hoping to get around £140 or so. The guitar and amp was about £120 from what I remember and the artwork should be the asking price and some on its own but at the end of the day I know that I'm not gonna get a load for it but here's hoping I get something.

dazmanf

#9 by Discodaz , Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Sorry daz,completely miss read this one...

Daz

Discodaz

#10 by Willibob , Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:52 pm

I've tried flogging a couple of second hand guitars on fleabay in the past and it seems that people are reluctant to spend decent dosh i.e. a couple hundred on anything other than a well known make/model in original condition...so I ended up keeping 'em.

2006 Trojan Classic, black, 58k miles
Cooper Discoverer A/T3s
Chrome nudge bar & double hoop roll bars
Extended shackles (from LezT)
ProComp ES9000 +2" rear shocks
Future mods:
Stainless 3" side bars

Willibob
Date registered 08.27.2013

#11 by Discodaz , Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Problem is with guitars..you can see a gen gibson les paul on ebay..very expensive..but..and here's the point,you still dont know what your buying..has it been abused,set up correctly,is the neck bent etc etc..fact is you would never know till you started playing it..people dont wNt to spend good money on a gamble..thats why the majority of serious guitar players spend time going to music shops and trying the instruments before buying..

Daz

Discodaz

#12 by woody13 , Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 pm

What he said...

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#13 by robl200 , Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:17 pm

I've sold 2 guitars. 1 on eBay and one privately.

eBay one was a Kramer beretta infinity sustain. Lovely guitar 2 dual rail humbuckers and a bridge quad rail 'mother bucker'
If you flicked a switch the neck pick up was powered by battery and drove the strings to give some crazy sustain. It had a Floyd rose locking tremolo and was an awesome heavy guitar. I got it 2nd hand for around £300 and sold it for £230. Not a bad price but think it struck some interest as they don't come up often.

Other one was an epiphone les Paul black beauty (3 humbuckers)
Sold to a lad at work for £275 was bought new for £399. Really meaty sound from the extra pick up in it.

The only 6 string electric I have now is an old squire strat that I have rebuilt with Mexican fender electrics and laser engraved with some designs. If I were to get rid of it I'd prob start at £100 but would take £80 or so.

Y reg trojan 184k now sold after 8 years of off road shenanigans and rebuilds and laffs!!

02 4life 72k in pieces!!

robl200
Date registered 10.02.2011

#14 by Greigboy , Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 pm

It's more likely to appeal to someone for ornamental or display purposes as opposed to a practical guitar, something like a rock theme bar etc, and I'd market it as a decorative piece.

I've customised a few axes in my time usually in whatever colour Of car I was painting at the time but it was more for fun than anything else, I sold my American Fender Jazz bass V Deluxe two years ago as it hadn't been played in a long time ( since kids arrived and I stopped gigging) and I got good money for it.
The day I sold it there was a guy on gumtree nearby selling a minter of a Fender squire Bronco bass, which is the Squire version of the Fender mustang short scale. This was the same as the bass I learned on and is by far the most comfortable bass I've played so I got it for next to nothing and it's as new, the only thing that let's it down is the tinny pickup, but as they use a strat pickup there are a multitude to pick from and I fancy a Seymour Duncan hot rails number, I'm also going to change the machine heads as well, to clover leaf style ones.

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

#15 by Discodaz , Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:54 pm

The les paul better copies have an amazing sound..i love strats,we have 4 between us but the les paul is such a unique sound that the strats just cant produce..i love them..i seriously wish i could afford a genuine gibson.or indeed was good enough to warrent buying one.

Daz

Discodaz

#16 by zedlee , Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:13 pm

id have to agree with the other guys......200quid could get you a really nice guitar,
I bought this for 200...epiphone are the next best thing to a true Gibson....sounds and plays amazing
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2003 52plate warrior, sliver, Mitsy hard top with Limo glass, Heko wind deflectors, EGR & Cooler removed and now decat

zedlee
Date registered 12.25.2013

Last edited 01.14.2014 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Top Gear Live tickets SOLD SOLD SOLD

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor