RE: New Shape - Stuck in 4wd L :(

#26 by jimmythesaint , Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:15 am

Onto Thorntons today, v satisfying.......can you help me find a new job now too? haha thanks man

2006 Animal Double Cab New Shape Manual
FoxyChris EGR Plug & Play bypass
16' Black steels with 2 x 22' GG AT2s and 2 x 22' BFG T/A KO2
6yr Old Husky in the rear Pouf Daddy XXXL Bean Bag for the pooch and & Scooter Rig

jimmythesaint
Date registered 02.19.2012

#27 by Benson , Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 am

Well you are now an almost part-qualified Pram Fixer, stick it on your CV as see what interest you get

What sort of work are you looking for?

2007 Animal in grey
Belts done @ 62.5k
Reversing camera - broke
265/75/16 BFG AT's on black modulars.

Benson
Date registered 10.30.2011

#28 by Linusp3 , Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:18 am

Quote: Benson wrote in post #17
The 2 screws/bolts are in the bottom of the armrest compartment, I have a pic but will have to find another way to upload as it's on the iPad.
Procedure should be;
1. Remove gear knobs
2. Remove 2x front press rivets.
3. Remove 2x rear screws/bolts.
4. As you lift it up disconnect the rear screen switch and cig lighter. You can do this by removing the small panel that they are fixed to or as you lift the console.
5. There is probably a rubber cover over your transfer lever base, with a small hose attached. This can be lifted to access the 4x bolts holding the transfer lever in.
6. As you loosen the bolts try to move the lever back into 2wd, if this doesn't work then it will have to be lifted out ( watch out for the spring) and repositioned. The issue is likely to be with the domed plate on the transfer lever, I have seen some repaired but I found it easier to buy another from a breakers (I paid £40.00).
@jimmythesaint

I just did the same operation to my 2008 L200, thanks for the guide!!
I could not find the spring you mentioned... where is is supposed to sit?
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I suspect someone have been down there before me; it looks like some liquid sealer around the edges of the transfer lever plate, should there be a proper gasket there? The “surroundings” of the transfer plate were quite oily and I suspect lubricant (from the small pipe?) might be spilling out.

And one more thing... I forgot to check the cables before unhooking the 12V plug. What colour is pos and neg?

Thanks
//Linus

Linusp3  
Linusp3
Date registered 03.18.2018

#29 by Linusp3 , Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:29 pm

I know this is a old thread, but seriously... someone has to have an answer for this!! It’s the “Ask an expert” part of the forum, where are all you experts about?

Linusp3  
Linusp3
Date registered 03.18.2018

#30 by ronniecabers , Wed May 02, 2018 7:49 am

@Benson .. any advice ?

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#31 by Easty , Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:14 am

Hi guys, picking up on this post form years ago, I've just had the same symptoms, shiftered into low to drive up onto a ramp and then when I went back into 2H, the lever jammed in 4H .
I've followed the above and got the lever out , but unable once reassembled to get the lever to work in Low ratio or 2H based on the display indicator on screen (flashing 4H) but 4x4 not engaged somI can drive it.

Any ideas what this problem may be and how to fix it please?

I'm a new member, really appreciate some advice (it's not diff wind up) before I take it to the dealers ££ 😏

L200 2006, Warrior 98,000 miles, mine for 8 years, but think it's time for an upgrade !!

Regards in advance
Easty

Easty  
Easty
Date registered 10.23.2020

#32 by ronniecabers , Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:51 am

So only the display doesn't work @Easty ? You can actually move the gear lever to all positions ? If so I would be looking at disturbed electrical connections or vacuum pipes

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#33 by Easty , Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:02 am

Hi, unfortunately not. Lever moves but quite stiff, it won't fully go into 2H on the disc play, but is actually in 2H, so I will check the connections and vacuum pipes, but more of an issue is the 4L which won't engage due the the lever not bing possible to depress to push forward and engage low ratio.

When I had taken the transferbox stick out, there was a spring and a white plastic assembly that accommodates the ball of the lever and the spring, this seemed intact with the 2 locating lugs .

What it seems to me was the ball was sitting too low as if it had slipped on the lever shaft as I had to raise it to engage the the side pin in the t/box to engage low ratio.

When I put it back together the leaver is very stiff to move and won't engage 4L.

Any ideas?

Easty  
Easty

#34 by ronniecabers , Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:28 am

My suspicion would be that the plastic collar is broken for 4L , it is mentioned in the thread ( sorry don't have a b40 so don't know the ins and outs ) . I'll tag @Benson but he hasn't been on for a while so not holding out much hope. Looks like Benson and Jimmy both got secondhand levers to cure not going into 4L

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#35 by Benson , Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

file.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.homepagemodules.de%2Fb561340%2Ff38t13402p217697n2.docx&r=1&content=RE%3A_New_Shape_-_Stuck_in_4wd_L_%3A%28

This is the Mitzy Service Letter regarding the transfer lever, hopefully it will be of some help.
As I found, just replacing the lever may not prevent it happening again, it does need the full modification as described.

2007 Animal in grey
Belts done @ 62.5k
Reversing camera - broke
265/75/16 BFG AT's on black modulars.

Benson
Date registered 10.30.2011

#36 by Easty , Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Thanks Guys, really helpful and quite possible that's what I did rolling off the ramps, shifter from low to height , and pastry depressed clutch 😬.
I'll give that a go.
Many thanks
Easty

Easty  
Easty

#37 by Easty , Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:43 am

Hi Guys, to conclude it was the plastic collar that had popped out of place.
Reset it and repositioned and now working after a bit of fettling.
Really appreciate your advice.
Many thanks

Easty  
Easty

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Getting to the bottom of the problem

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor