Gearbox Selection Difficulty when Selecting Drive

#1 by Elegance Guest ( Guest ) , Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi, Selection problem started yesterday. '57 plate L200 elegance. It goes into Reverse every time. It goes into Drive 20% of time and drives lovely and gearbox is fine. The other 80% of time, Drive flashes on dashboard but then blank, and it will not engage Drive. Is there a kit of nylon bushes to help selection like my Father's Volvo V-40? Is it likely to be electronic? Is there a chance the whole transmission would need to come out? Thanks.

Elegance Guest

RE: Gearbox Selection Difficulty when Selecting Drive

#2 by skotl , Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum!

First thing to note is that only a few members will be able to see your thread in this section so, if you've not already PMd your details to "Admin", do that real quick so that smarter people than me can comment. If you can't figure out how to PM Admin, then click on the "PM" link over there ---->>> and I'll forward on to them.
It normally takes around 24 hours to get upgraded.

Back to your truck, I'm assuming it's an automatic! What kind of miles has it done and have you had the Auto Transmission Fluid changed?

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

#3 by Matanator ( Guest ) , Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:48 am

Hi I have the same issue, D will not illuminate when hot, is fine cold , I have replaced the inhibiter switch and calibrated it, oil level is fine and drives superb , however soon as it's hot the D will disappear from the dash illumination and won't drive .... Help!

Matanator

#4 by ronniecabers , Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 am

A few members have had issues with the wiring looms to the auto box, may be worth looking at that

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#5 by L200 ( Guest ) , Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:34 am

[quote=Elegance Guest|p219209]Hi, Selection problem started yesterday. '57 plate L200 elegance. It goes into Reverse every time. It goes into Drive 20% of time and drives lovely and gearbox is fine. The other 80% of time, Drive flashes on dashboard but then blank, and it will not engage Drive. Is there a kit of nylon bushes to help selection like my Father's Volvo V-40? Is it likely to be electronic? Is there a chance the whole transmission would need to come out? Thanks.
[/quote]

L200

membership
Battery light and water in diesel light on and overcharging

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor