Leak under rad

#1 by Dazzab ( Guest ) , Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:38 am

Hi all... Just joined and waiting confirmation email so have posted question as a guest.
I took my l200 for an mot this morning only to pull up outside the garage and had a severe leak coming from the front of the truck.
When I looked through the grill I can see two pipes which are metal the go to rubber sitting just under the rad.
Can anyone help me as to what these pipes are????. The truck has benn sitting on my drive for a couple of years only beng started now and then as I had a company van.
Cheers in advance...

Dazzab

RE: Leak under rad

#2 by Greigboy , Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:26 pm

What age of truck is it?

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by Dazzab ( Guest ) , Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:02 pm

2005 automatic Thai import...... Fluid is clear and I think it may be transmission fluid....

Dazzab

#4 by Dazzab ( Guest ) , Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Just had another look at the pipes and they connect to a small radiator to the left hand side of the fan.
The pipes connect to the small rad on the same side one above the other..... If that's any help????

Dazzab

#5 by skotl , Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:22 pm

You may be right that it's ATF - the autos on the newshape have a separate radiator (dunno about the classic).

If you turn the engine over, does it spurt out? And it may seem a dumb question but have you reattached the hoses to the rad?

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

Last edited 03.29.2014 | Top

#6 by Dazzab ( Guest ) , Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi Skoti

The hoses are still attached but your right that when I turn it over and it's running , their is a visible pin hole spurting out but for the amount of fluid loss there must be a bigger hole further along.
My l200 is the classic shape but as it is an import I was able to get it in auto. I googled it earlier andI think it has confirmed that it is the transmission oil cooler pipes. I just Hopi that I can change them without stripping the whole bumper off by just removing the panel at the bottom of the engine....

Dazzab

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Green light no 4wheel drive

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor