More Bloody Fault Codes!!!!

#1 by colruddock , Sat May 10, 2014 9:28 am

Driving it this morning on my way to sort the turbo out. Decided it didn't want to change gears just right, traction control lights came on too. I can't clear the codes or get the management light to go out, but the traction control lights are out for now after restarting the engine.

Error codes from Torque Pro:

P1901 - Powertrain - A/T Fail
U1100 - Network - Engine CAN Timeout
U1120 - Network - Engine (CAN Message)
P3531 - Powertrain - Unknown Code

Getting rather thin on patience with this motor at the minute. As ever if there's anyone with any ideas on the source of my trouble, please let me know.

Ear all, see all, say nowt... Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt... And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt -Allus do it fer thissen

colruddock
Date registered 03.27.2014

RE: More Bloody Fault Codes!!!!

#2 by adriandiesel , Sat May 10, 2014 10:06 am

there is a known fault on these, there is a piece of wireing loom that breaks and puts gearbox into limp mode

black 55 plate animal, storm decat, ggat2s, roller shutter, bonnet struts,92000miles owned from new
live in cambs egr removed

adriandiesel  
adriandiesel
Date registered 10.31.2011

#3 by colruddock , Sat May 10, 2014 11:13 am

do you know where I might find this bit of loom @adriandiesel ? Is it a visible problem or something I've just gotta swap?

Ear all, see all, say nowt... Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt... And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt -Allus do it fer thissen

colruddock

#4 by adriandiesel , Sat May 10, 2014 11:23 am

I think its on top of the gearbox somewhere, try a search on here it has been discussed before. if I remember correctly the loom is a bit tight and as it gets old it breaks

black 55 plate animal, storm decat, ggat2s, roller shutter, bonnet struts,92000miles owned from new
live in cambs egr removed

adriandiesel  
adriandiesel
Date registered 10.31.2011

#5 by krutly , Sat May 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Quote: adriandiesel wrote in post #2
there is a known fault on these, there is a piece of wireing loom that breaks and puts gearbox into limp mode

have a read of this -------> automatic gearbox problems

and this --------> auto gearbox problems

and this --------> Automatic transmission problem

and lastly this --> automatic Gearbox limp home

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#6 by Basil , Sat May 10, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm reliably informed that most of your code troubles come from using a non-mitsi code reader matey. You need to get it read by a mitsi dealer before you blow your ecu...if you havent already! (I hope not)

2007, Y plate 4life,
2010, 55 plate L200 4work++
March 2013, 11 plate Barbarian. Wrapped, OME all round, remapped to 210, straight piped 2.5" SS.

Basil
Forum Legend
Date registered 03.07.2012

#7 by colruddock , Sun May 11, 2014 8:11 pm

I managed to get the codes away by going all underneath and cleaning and applying WD40 to each of the plugs, I think I've got a better fix in mind (shrouding the plugs and creating some slack in the loom in places), but for now, dispelling muddy water seems to have helped....
I'm skeptical about the immediate requirement for a Mitsubishi dealer Basil. I know they can read more codes and clear more codes than me with my cheapo adapter, but I've never heard of someone blowing their ECU just through the use of a Bluetooth adapter and a phone app. If the dealers didn't charge so much for their diagnostics i'd be more inclined to seek their help as a last resort.

So far with my last 2 bouts of fault code meltdown (likely caused by giving it a fair bit of pain off road), I'm out of pocket 2 1/2 days of my time and no more than £50 in bits. If I'd taken it to the dealers, they'd have replaced certainly one bit of loom, one box on the ralliart power unit, my gearbox fluid, possibly some of the gearbox loom, and however much labour to take a turbo off, clean it an refit (allowing for the hassle of 1 snapped stud in the manifold and one in the turbo).... I'm guessing we'd be talking about a bill north of £800 at least, possibly into 4 figures...

colruddock

#8 by LezT , Sun May 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Fault on the gearbox loom was it broke the cables inside it where it was fixed to the gearbox.(under the cableties ).. known fault ( official from a Mitzi Tech), sticks in gear and shows some of the codes you had.... Silicone grease or vaseline (or similar) will waterproof the connectors well..just smother themloads inside too as it's non conductive..., it's just the embarrassment of buying an industrial pack of KY that's the problem...

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#9 by 123hotchef , Sun May 11, 2014 8:57 pm

dont use ky it is water based

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#10 by LezT , Sun May 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #9
dont use ky it is water based

OK, I thought they were all the same..... Vaseline or Silicone grease it is then...

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#11 by colruddock , Sun May 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Cheers chaps.... Round 2 with the vaseline will be in a week or twos time, if it behaves till then. I'd like to know the WD40's driven the problem moisture out before I go ahead and vaseline it all up.

If it throws another wobbler in the meantime, I'll be back under with another tin of WD40 instead looking for plugs I may have missed, or not done properly.

colruddock

#12 by 123hotchef , Sun May 11, 2014 9:13 pm

dont forget the tail pipe

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
WINDOW STICKING