general issues

#1 by steve62 ( Guest ) , Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:55 pm

hi hopefully will soon be a member awaiting details now.
I have a couple of issues I have an 04 l200 warrior decatted recently had a new engine fitted after throwing rod through block.
1st issue I have is drivers side leaf spring bushes are new but makes a squeaking and creaking noise etc goin over bumps . also when turning I sometimes get a slight thump underneath but has recently passed mot any advice will be appreciated.
I am also in process of buying morette double headlights any body have any review pros cons etc on these ?
thanks in advance
Steve
oh got engine from milner offroad and was fitted locally

steve62

RE: general issues

#2 by LezT , Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Milner engine.. good buy...twin headlights .. personally be better with two candles either side, look fine work very poorly...Squeaky springs , get yaself off to halfords and buy some silicone spray, drown the feckers in it... but save a bit for ya windows...run a line of spray down all the window runners as a precaution....
Knocking noise is often found to be a loose spare wheel, good place to start, or tools behind the rear seat..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

Last edited 07.18.2014 | Top

#3 by steve62 ( Guest ) , Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:02 pm

thanks les ill try spray have checked rear wheel and tools and exhaust seem to emanate from underneath poss suspension etc

steve62

#4 by Guest , Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 pm

also its not actual leaf spring that creaking its where the bushes are but ill give spray a bash.

#5 by krutly , Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:28 am

twin headlights aint cheap , expect to pay circa £200 ish depending on condition etc(or a lot more new). They look good when colour coded to the truck but they are not the greatest at lighting up the road at night. Saying that, the standard headlights on these are woefully inadequate anyway and need uprated bulbs to give yourself a fighting chance.Once you get upgraded have a shufty through the galleries as there are quite a few who have the twin lights that (I'm sure) would be happy to give you the pros and cons. Have a look at your anti roll bar bushes as these can often cause the "thump" you mention , usually on full lock and going either up or down a pavement. Sometimes it's very hard to tell where noises are coming from as the sound will travel along the chassis etc and you'll swear blind that the noise is coming from under the passenger footwell when in fact it's a loose spare wheel.

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#6 by steve62 ( Guest ) , Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for the advice Krutly , i have price up lights and come in @ £340 .
i have suspected eith roll bar bushes or suspension but as it passed mot i was in 2 minds

steve62

#7 by Cobra ( Guest ) , Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:29 pm

I too am awaiting the abracadrabra moment so that I can get advise and hopefully give my own. I have pics of articles I need help with. I have just got into the L200 family and want to learn as much as I can. I am a competent mechanic, although I do believe that there is much to be learnt from other members with more experience with the L200. So I will take advise and use that added knowledge. I have just bought a Trojan on a 56 plate and I have already started working on its little faults. I drives great and I think I got a bargain. Had a land rover in the past and over the years regretted selling it. So now I want to get on top of the L200 inside and out.
looking forward to meeting the rest of you in the forum.
Regards Chris

Cobra

#8 by krutly , Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 am

Hi Chris
to get upgraded, click the "private messages" bit on the top of the page
in the "recipient" bit , type "admin"
then let them know your name and address and press send
I guess it's still done that way ? @Admin @Alan G @LezT ?
if in doubt, click on the PM button in LezT's post and ask him

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#9 by LezT , Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Have you attmpeted to register with the forum yet, either of you, when you register you'll be sent aPM with the info of how to be upgraded, we do not just enrol every visitor to the site as many only come to veiw or as a question as a guest as you did Steve62 ( although I believe I actually did your welcome quite a while ago and sent you aPM asking for your details to upgrade you..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ

FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend

#10 by LezT , Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Just checked, Steve62 I did your welcome in early June and sent you a welcome PM with the upgrade details.

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ

FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team: