Tyres for L200

#1 by GJM28 ( Guest ) , Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Forum - there's probably been posts about tyres for ever so apologies if this is a boring topic......possibly getting an 06 plate facelift L200 with about 100k miles on the clock as a 3rd car. Going to be used to throw kit /stuff in the back as I do up a house in the middle of nowhere - question is what tyres - I have been looking as so many threads etc and the information can be very contradictory - where i'm moving to is single track lanes with gradients for about 3 mile before you hit main C/B roads and can get snowed up in the winter. looking for advise on All Season versus Winter tyres, Two sets winter/summer or All terrain and want to know what experience people have had - so many different views BFG AT great in snow/crap in snow depending on who you listen to, GG AT versus AT2's, Copper discovery AT3 best tyre/worst tyre ever had..... basically want to be able to get out if its bad snow and ice and cant decide what tyres to shod the truck in - at the moment trying to filter out the noise I am considering the GG AT as an All Terrain or the Vredestein wintrac 4 extreme as a out and out winter tyre? Thoughts would be great - Thanks (sorry for the length of the post!)

GJM28

RE: Tyres for L200

#2 by 4life-extreme , Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Depends how much you want to spend GG AT would be a good choice, Khomo KL78 midrange of the All-terrain tyres

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

RE: Tyres for L200

#3 by gjm28 ( Guest ) , Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks 4life-extreme for replying will look at the Khumo as an alternative, they look alright, cheers mate.

gjm28

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A solution to low power / poor idling

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor