Air con and temp dial

#1 by matthewgordon , Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi,

I have talked about this issue in other posts which contained multiple items so i thought as I now have a picture anew topic would be best.

I have Warrior 2004 54 and the temp dial wont turn fully to cold. It turns fully to hot and lines up ok.

I have taken the glove box out and accessed the cabling behind. As you can see in the picture I have remove the cable attached to the temp dial. When removed this moves freely and the dial goes correctly in both directions.

The white arm however doesn't move any further than shown meaning that when attached to the cable the dial wont move fully to the cold position.

I hope that makes sense.

Anyone had this issue or have a clue?
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon
Date registered 06.21.2014

RE: Air con and temp dial

#2 by Mallinman , Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:34 pm

If that is the box behind the glove box then all is tits up. The cable that goes to that box should be the one for changing where the air comes from. That white box behind the glove box ( on the far left of the cab ) directs air flow from outside or keeps it recirculated. The grey box to the right of it is your air con unit doodad (technical term). The white box to the right of that is the one that regulates the temp. I wonder if someone has had it all out at some point and mixed the two cables up like a twonk. That's what someone had done with mine and the hot cold dial did exactly what yours did.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#3 by matthewgordon , Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:10 am

Hello... Yes that is the box behind the glove box. Right hand drive truck. I started to delve there as thats where the knocking sound was coming from when I turn the temp dial.

So..

To fix this?

Are all the boxes I need to access to the left of the central unit (sorry im no mechanic). I have 4 dials/gauges on my dash. starting from the right.. Temp, Air flow power, air flow from outside or recirculated inside and finally where the air flow goes in car (feet, windscreen etc).

Is it just a case of swapping something around? or does this need to go into a garage?

Thanks again

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#4 by Mallinman , Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 am

Do your dials look like this??

The temperature regulator box is right behind the radio.
So When you turn the temp dial back and forth does this operate the flap on the white box behind the glove box???

If so then you should be able to re route and swap the two cable that come out the back if the heate controls. Pictured above. This should put them back the right way round. The third cable out the back of the heater control directs your air flow. You should be able to swap them round yourself.
If you move the air recirculating lever back and forth, can you see where that one goes 2??

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Mallinman

#5 by Mallinman , Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:59 am

Took this pic for ya this morning.

This is taken from looking up past the clutch pedal. The blue cable you can see is the one that changes where the air is directed to. Right underneath this box is where the cable goes for the temp regulator.

Attached pictures:

Mallinman

Last edited 07.11.2014 | Top

#6 by Mallinman , Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:01 am

Where I'm pointing to is where the temp dial cable should go to. That's under the box in the previous post picture.

Attached pictures:

Mallinman

#7 by Mallinman , Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:02 am

Shit knows y the pics are upside down. Bloody iPhones.

Mallinman

#8 by matthewgordon , Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #4
Do your dials look like this??

The temperature regulator box is right behind the radio.
So When you turn the temp dial back and forth does this operate the flap on the white box behind the glove box???

If so then you should be able to re route and swap the two cable that come out the back if the heate controls. Pictured above. This should put them back the right way round. The third cable out the back of the heater control directs your air flow. You should be able to swap them round yourself.
If you move the air recirculating lever back and forth, can you see where that one goes 2??

Yes thats my dials..

Yes the moving the temp dial operates the flapon the white box behind the glove box

Ill take a look to see what i can swap around and get back to you

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#9 by matthewgordon , Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:26 pm

ok first things first... you are a L200 legend!

I have found the bits on the white box that you are pointing to and...

When you operate the slide dial for having air from outside or not this controls the piece of the white box behind the radio that you pointed to in the picture.

When you operate the temp dial this controls the piece of the white box behind the glove box that I posted in my picture.

So these need swapping over I guess?

Any guidance on how to do this?

Cheers mate

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#10 by Mallinman , Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 pm

There's no real guidance on swapping them over I'm afraid. If you can do it with out dismantling everything it would be easiest. Maybe you can just take the cables off and feed em back and swap em over. The glove box and radio and front dash comes off fairly easy. Might be easier for access if you can do this. If you're over my way (pontefract) at any time I could give you a hand. I just got stuck in with mine and took the dash out. I'd never done it before and it wasn't too bad. There must be some complete t**t somewhere who sticks these trucks back together the wrong way round. Lol. Mine was exactly the same as yours by the sounds of it.

Mallinman

#11 by matthewgordon , Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 pm

You are brilliant! managed to swap them over tonight and all is well. Thank mate

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#12 by Mallinman , Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 pm

No worries bud. Happy to help

Mallinman

#13 by LezT , Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Quote: matthewgordon wrote in post #11
You are brilliant! managed to swap them over tonight and all is well. Thank mate

Many thanks for that Oliver, you sir are a legend... cheers..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#14 by Mallinman , Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Quote: LezT wrote in post #13
Quote: matthewgordon wrote in post #11

Many thanks for that Oliver, you sir are a legend... cheers..

Always good to be useful.
Helping people get there problems sorted is exactly what this forum is all about.
And talking the odd bit of Shite. Lol

Mallinman

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Valve seals

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor