Plumbing AGAIN

#1 by paulw , Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Well, at the thought of being boring , Can I change taps on a basin without draining down the whole combi system? Need to move two loo's and two basins!

did have warrior, but crossed over to disco 2.
Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!
Landies don't leak oil, they just sweat

paulw
Date registered 10.06.2011

RE: Plumbing AGAIN

#2 by raging bull , Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Yes. the CH, seal system is separate. Just close / isolate the cold main supply and open the taps till they stop running.
If you were on the 2nd floor you could leave the water in the pipe work below that level once the pressure has dropped.

raging bull
Date registered 02.10.2013

Last edited 08.15.2014 | Top

#3 by paulw , Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks Raging bull
Just shut off main stopcock and crack on?

Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!

paulw

#4 by raging bull , Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Paul jumped the gun a bit, sorry you will have to drain it to some extent, probably bad explanation.. once the pressure is out and the water is below the level you are working. No local isolation valves then?..

Obviously moving the loo etc will require draining more water.... especially with soldering involved, maybe a pain if pipes go up down up again.

raging bull
Date registered 02.10.2013

Last edited 08.15.2014 | Top

#5 by paulw , Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:58 pm

No local valves, plumbing is a bit heath robinson! Used to a loft tank etc never worked on a full pressure system before! Still I will learn, just get buckets and towels out!!

paulw

#6 by fatboy , Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:12 pm

While the waters off why not cheat. Flexi tap connectors with ball-o-fix valves make lift so much easier, and if you want to go really simple they also come in push fit

Big Truck
53 plate Animal
Mountain top with 3" roll bar
8" spots on bar
Front over rider with more spots
Decatted
Egr removed
Osram nightbreakers fitted
1 Dead engine
It's Aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

fatboy
Date registered 11.20.2011

#7 by paulw , Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:17 pm

might just do that fatboy! bathroom basin and loo have a shut off valve but not the other loo! I need to move a shed load of pipe, so might just put two gate valves in the loft on H&C feeds to bathrooms while I am at it.

paulw

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
advise on remap please

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor