Management light .

#1 by Sparky trev , Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi guys , I have 2003 L200 and recently the engine management light has come on and is staying on . The truck is running completely normally apart from this . The only thing that has happened to it is that I left the radio on for a week and flattened the battery which I subsequently recharged . I didn't notice if it came on directly after the flat battery incident or not . I realise that a management fault could be caused by a multitude of things but I just wonder if anyone might be able to give me a clue with the facts I have stated , failing that can anyone recomend an inexpensive code reader that will communicate with my truck .

Thanks

Sparky trev  
Sparky trev
Date registered 10.15.2013

RE: Management light .

#2 by Discodaz , Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Im guessing its to do with the battery being drained..have you tryed disconnecting the battery for 10 mins to reset the ecu? Im not sure if this trick would work on the l200 but it does on td5 land rover engines.either way,for no pennies and ten minutes of your time,its worth a shot.

Code readers are cheap enough depending on your idea of cheap..for 100 quid you can get a mitzi code reader like mine. I think they are called m608 or similar...i will have a look now...

Here ya go

Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Dia...=item4156d147b1

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Founder member of " THE GLEAM TEAM "

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Discodaz
Date registered 03.15.2013

#3 by Sparky trev , Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi discodaz.
Thanks for your help . Disconnecting the battery did the trick and saved me a lot of money .

Sparky trev  
Sparky trev
Date registered 10.15.2013

#4 by Discodaz , Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Your very welcome..glad it was a cheap fix for you dude

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Founder member of " THE GLEAM TEAM "

Discodaz
Date registered 03.15.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Electric windows

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor