TOW BARS

#1 by AL BACORE ( Guest ) , Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:32 pm

HI, JUST THIS MINUTE REGISTERED, BUT IT SAID I COULD POST A QUESTION AS A GUEST. SORRY IT MAY BE A BIT LONG WINDED.
I LIVE PART OF THE TIME IN CYPRUS AND HAVE JUST BOUGHT A JUNE 1999 L200 GL TWIN CAB OUT THERE.
I NEED A TOW BAR AND CAN'T FIND ANY SUPPLIERS. LOADS OF GARAGES TOLD ME THEY WOULD MAKE ME ONE FROM ANGLE IRON, BUT DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH FAITH IN THEM.
I WANT TO TAKE ONE FROM HERE IN UK OUT THERE WITH ME, BUT DON'T WANT TO DISPENSE WITH THE CHROME REAR BUMPER.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH MAKE, SERIAL No ETC OF TOW BAR WOULD FIT. I HAVE CALLED SEVERAL STOCKISTS FROM EBAY BUT STATED THAT THEY CAN'T GUARANTEE THEY WOULD FIT WITHOUT CHROME BUMPER REMOVAL.
THANK YOU.

AL BACORE

RE: TOW BARS

#2 by Greigboy , Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Depends which chrome bar you have and what year your truck is, the factory mitsubishi tow bar fits with the warrior chrome bar as standard
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

There is also the step style bumper which has a built in Towbar but they can't pull as heavy a load as the factory style one
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 10.20.2014 | Top

#3 by AL BACORE ( Guest ) , Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 pm

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
IT'S A K74, JUNE 1999 GL MODEL, WITH THE BIG CHROME STEP TYPE REAR BUMPER. I NEED THE TOW BAR TO BE STRONG AS I WILL BE PULLING MY BOAT WITH IT.

AL BACORE

#4 by Greigboy , Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm

A picture would doubtless help, but only a handful of folk can see your post as your posting as a guest.

Your bumper is obviously an aftermarket accessory, so your best bet is to wait until your account is approved and your username is blue ( I take it that you have email admin with the required registration information?)
Welcome to the L200 forum
Once your account is activated create a new thread with a picture of the bumper and hopefully one of the members will have the same one and will be better placed to advise on what towbar will suit.

One thing I would say is not to go down the home made route, how will you know what it is rated at? and if the towbar breaks and your boat or trailer comes off and causes damage or injury your insurance will be void and you'll be hung out to dry for using a non type approved towbar, personally I'd rather find a chrome bar to suit my towbar which is the critical part, than vice versa.

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 10.21.2014 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Replacement Head

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor