Woody's Disco (Grimsby)

#1 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:59 am

So after a bit of tinkering this weekend and the removal of an unwanted friend I thought It was time I got my build thread going - I will take a load of pictures over this weekend to show you all what mods my truck has - and yes i'm sorry it's not an L200 :p

So after my PAS pump exploded at KORC at the end of October I had to leave the truck there for a fortnight as it's a serpentine belt on them - (If the belt slipped off because of the pump then i'd lose water pump, alternator, fan, basically everything.)

So they fitted a new one for me and new front and rear O/S indicators whilst they where at it.

Upon collecting the truck this Saturday all was good - apart from an odd smell....... which developed into what smelt like a Hamsters cage - very odd.

When i got to the first junction however and indicated - nothing happened, no hazards, no indicators at all - O dear.

Upon getting home a friend who was following told me about a piece of 'mud' that fell off my car upon pulling out of KORC.......the issue was when the lump of 'mud' hit the floor - it scurried away to the side of the road........

when he told me this I put two and two together and started rummaging - this was the glove box http://files.homepagemodules.de/b561340/a_245_9b8c4240.gif

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This was not a major issue to be honest - but the fact of when I ripped the dash to bits the hazard warning wires and indicator wires (Nothing else luckily) had been devoured.

New connector, wire, waterproof heat shrink connectors, drivers seatbelt (Don't ask) and crimping tool ordered - all to be fixed Thursday evening / Friday before I leave for Northumberland at 1 / 2 Friday :') fun fun :p (Might be doign the transfer box and diff oils too if I have time / light :')

Now you are all baffled - This is how I brought the truck:

Since then It has had new bushes everywhere, cranked trailing arms front and back - new oil everywhere new seals everywhere, 3 new front prop shafts until i found one wide angled and strong enough, new pads all around, new handbrake shoes and a full refurb of the drum, 30mm spacers all around, Some nice big 33's:

It got stuck here when I brought it:

But it was excellent at wading:

Since the cranked arms, bigger wheels etc etc it is now a lot more capable and easily managed this (Up and down):

But unfortunately due to getting used quite heavily off road the front bumper and side steps do get a touch 'dented' (Reshaped) and scratched - so I gave them a lick of paint over the weekend whilst the truck was getting cleared out and final prep for Northumberland next weekend =]:

I will get a load of Pictures this weekend of the main mods on the truck and will try be more picture happy as I modify it in the future :')

Woody is sad - Woody can no longer mock all the L200's following a Land Rover =[ (See Avatar!)

Laning man - Lakes or Northumberland everytime i'm in and will happily lead - Much knowledge, not so fast, such wow.

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Woody
Date registered 08.18.2014

Last edited 11.11.2014 | Top

RE: Woody's Disco (Grimsby)

#2 by 123hotchef , Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:05 am

looking good mate keeping you busy

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #2
looking good mate keeping you busy

Thank you =] it's constantly having tweaks and bits done - But then if everything worked as it should it wouldn't be a Land Rover........

Are you a fan of the Orange? I was going for the 'if VOSA spot me they'll go ahhh he must have nothing to hide otherwise he wouldn't be so bright' (Simpsons version of a man going that fast has no time for a ticket Lou)

When I say i was going for that - it means I was stood in Halfrods and went ooooooo Fluorescent Orange!!!! lol

Woody is sad - Woody can no longer mock all the L200's following a Land Rover =[ (See Avatar!)

Laning man - Lakes or Northumberland everytime i'm in and will happily lead - Much knowledge, not so fast, such wow.

Woody

#4 by woody13 , Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:35 am

Lookin good there Woody.....

Two Woody's and both with discos.....

We should start The L200 Discovery Forum......

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#5 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 am

Quote: woody13 wrote in post #4
Lookin good there Woody.....

Two Woody's and both with discos.....

We should start The L200 Discovery Forum......

Aha yes!!!!! must be something about Woody's and being epic :p ;)

I fear I may not be as inconspicuous now though...........not that it was anyway :')

Be good to see you down at KORC sometime again soon! =] hows the new job going mate? =]

Woody

#6 by 123hotchef , Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 am

should have got the flouro pink

nah the orange stands out

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#7 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:53 am

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #6
should have got the flouro pink

nah the orange stands out

I did quickly debate it - but the orange is awesome. It's going to get another coat over the weekend and then some Lacquer =]

Woody

#8 by woody13 , Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:35 pm

The jobs goin great mate.Just took delivery of new 2.5" bore straight through system that gets rid of the cat and the centre box,can't wait to fit it....

woody13
Forum Legend

#9 by Antonio , Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Looking good mate, start working on mine soon, hope to have a last outing at KORC if it's on in December,we need to get more extreme pic of yours. An keep the threads up to date bud

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North East England - Lincolnshire
1998 twin cab, import,3" Full chrome bars/spots all round, tints,deflectors, 2.5" suspension lift, 2.5" body lift, polly bushes, rear diff lock, 33"x12.5" KL71 tyres on 15"x10" rims.
Snorkel........OH!! and lots of rust.
1991 Pajero 2.5td SWB, import
1996 Pajero 2.8td LWB, import
NEXT MODS
CB radio
Front Winch plate+winch
Airbrush bodywork

Antonio
Date registered 04.21.2014

#10 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Quote: woody13 wrote in post #8
The jobs goin great mate.Just took delivery of new 2.5" bore straight through system that gets rid of the cat and the centre box,can't wait to fit it....

Ooooo very nice!!!!!

Thats good to hear man =]

Is it a cheeky side exit like mine? =]

Woody

#11 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Quote: Antonio wrote in post #9
Looking good mate, start working on mine soon, hope to have a last outing at KORC if it's on in December,we need to get more extreme pic of yours. An keep the threads up to date bud

Thank you - I will endeavor to get more pics as I do things on it in the future :')

Will be putting detail of all the mods I have on it and what they do too - hopefully will be of some use =]

Definitely agree on the more extreme picture front!!! =D I'm just normally concentrating on driving at said points :') lol

Woody

#12 by chris07 ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 pm

looking good woody av got a set of white Weller land rover wheels if your after a set going cheep

chris07

#13 by woody13 , Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Quote: Woody wrote in post #10
Quote: woody13 wrote in post #8

Ooooo very nice!!!!!

Thats good to hear man =]

Is it a cheeky side exit like mine? =]

Its a full system so rear exit,but knowing me things will change....

woody13
Forum Legend

#14 by Woody , Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Quote: chris07 wrote in post #12
looking good woody av got a set of white Weller land rover wheels if your after a set going cheep

OOOO what size?

Woody

#15 by chris07 ( deleted ) , Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:53 pm

there 16's mate

chris07

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
3rd brake light

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor