L200 to shogun rear diff & independent suspension

#1 by mike bicker , Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 am

Hi all first topic creation, I think its in the correct area if not tell me where to move it to. Anyway in toying with the idea of converting the rear axle of my pick up (2002-2006 shape) to the shogun rear beam, diff and independent suspension for 4 reasons, no1 one of my boxer dogs gets travel sick so can only take him short trips due to the stiff bumpy ride which you get from leaf springs, no2 i need a diff with a lower ratio of around 5.5 due to a non mitzi gearbox. no3 a rear axle isnt what you call 21st century so tends to skip/bounce about if cornering hard and no4 i would have discs and calipers.

Anyway has anyone had a go at this yet I know i'd have to alter the rear end of my chassis, propshaft, exhaust, handbrake etc etc but this isnt a problem for me as I have a ramp, welder, 4 wheel tracking gauges etc. What I need to know before I start looking for a rear end is weather or not Odd ball pinion and ring gears are available. From lots of net surfing I'm sure they don't do a 5.5 ratio as standard and I can not seen to find any firms that make to your requirements.

Any info would be a great help! o and one last thing which I don't think alot of you will like is the pick ups 2wd only, front diff etc has gone so i dont have to also alter the front diff ratio. Its days of being knee deep in mud have gone

mike bicker  
mike bicker
Date registered 11.11.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Beeper when door is open not working (when lights on)

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor