oil leak

#1 by trebor ( Guest ) , Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:16 pm

Please Help ! Last year I had a new turbo fitted on my 2004 L200 (K74) This year a brand new half engine ( together with oïl and water pump etc.) Now have an oïl leak above the turbo manifold by the back of the rocker cover. The garage has said its coming from the breather hose from the intercooler which means its the oïl seal in the turbo !!! Can anyone suggest otherwise ? There is no smoke when driving or accelerating

trebor

RE: oil leak

#2 by Nick , Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Have the half moons been fitted correctly in the rocker cover gasket, they are prone to leaking.
Just an idea, others will be along with better info.

Nick.

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by diggermandan , Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Sounds like the half moon seal at the back of the rocker cover alright.

I think there is a drain plug on the intercooler somewhere, I don't have one on my motor (too old) so I am not 100% sure but does @Mallinman @krutly or anyone else know?

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

#4 by krutly , Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

as said, usually the half moon seal is the common culprit , there is an upgrade for the rubber ones -----------> Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-PAJ...=item3cd27ed0c5

I'm pretty sure there is no drain plug for the intercooler although if your intercooler wasn't cleaned before the new turbo was fitted then it may still have the previous oil knocking about inside it.

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

The following contents have been linked to this post::

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by al ( Guest ) , Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:35 am

hi there got oil leak on right side of egine by the head gasket side

al

#6 by ronniecabers , Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 am

Is it at the back right , closest to the bulkhead, possibly dripping onto bellhousing?... if so could also be the half moon seal ( put your hand down between bulkhead and back of engine and you will probably feel oil ...obviously not when the engine is hot! ). If it is the actual headgasket ( which goes completely round so there is no headgasket side ) that is weeping oil then it sounds like you will need to take the head off and put a new gasket on.

If you could just provide a little more info as to whether the leak is at the front , back , left or right of the actual engine we may be able to assist better

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

2006 L200 exhaust
performance clutches? 2014/15 L200 2.5 did

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor