Just bought a L200

#1 by Tiny AC ( Guest ) , Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi I have just bought a 02 L200. it has had an engine rebuild at 70K and it has now done 100K. It has a full service history, 2 owners from new and not had a great deal abuse. I paid 2.2K for it and it seems really good Is there anything I should look out for please. The inside is like new and that was before it was valeted by the garage. Alan[dance1]

Tiny AC

RE: Just bought a L200

#2 by krutly , Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:48 am

Hello matey
why not register and become a member ? it costs nowt and there is plenty of info and help on here
things to look out for are, overheating (needle should sit halfway when up to temp), bubbles in the expansion tank (usually head gasket failure), corrosion on the cross members and front panel . EGR removal (full details of how to do it are on the forum) is a preventative measure to avoid the problems with the cooler going porous that many of us have done. flashing 4x4 light when you're not in 4wd is another common issue. Oil leaks at the back of the engine quite often suggest a new half moon seal on the rocker cover is needed.

whatever issues you may have, there will be someone that can point you in the right direction hopefully

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Tiny AC ( Guest ) , Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks very much for the pointers. Seems that I have got myself an OK one. I have registered to be a member. No doubt I will have a few questions about it.

Tiny AC

#4 by 4life-extreme , Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:21 pm

Tiny

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 2.5td 2003

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor