Got to mechanics

#1 by dazmanf , Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:46 pm

So here goes.
went to mechanics today and before i got there the truck was with heavy smoke all of a sudden but out that down to the snow.

Hes looked at the truck and noticed the smoke and it turns out to be very rich and allows 1 or more injector is leaking instead of spraying, coupled with this, there is a pressure build up and we agree that the head gasket is now starting to fail.
So as im broke as a joke at the moment, hes suggested to remove the thermostat and drive easy, so im wondering 2 things.

1. removing the thermostat to relieve pressure, this be an idea till i get the gasket sorted? (he did state this is only a short term thing that may pull through for a bit)

2. will the injectors from my 03 warrior fit my 01 trojan and how do i go about swapping them over?

thanks in advance

2003 warrior RIP Monday 10th February 2014
2001 trojan green over silver, 30mm wheel spacers, all terrains, side steps removed, egr blanked, air con unit, rad and tension plate removed.
Trojan died the ole bitch, driving a Peugeot 406 now ffs

dazmanf
Date registered 09.07.2012

RE: Got to mechanics

#2 by diggermandan , Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:38 pm

1. not much point. Pressure will be relieve out of the rad cap and expansion bottle
2. Yes. Remove the HP injection lines then get a really big, really deep socket preferably not too thick walled to remove the injector from the head. Simple as screwing it straight out. To refit, make sure you pop an appropriate size copper washer on the end of the injector to seal it against the head.
I don't have an appropriate socket so when I remove my injectors I remove them in pieces but this is fiddly and probably not the greatest idea.

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

#3 by Steve W , Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Had to turn an injector socket down to allow it to fit and remove in one. If you take the injector out bit by bit then you really need to reset on a test rig before fitting to ensure the spray patteren in right and at correct pressure. If you are anywhere near me happy to let you use both.

Steve W
Date registered 09.30.2014

#4 by rxbren , Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:38 pm

I'd recommend getting new copper washers old one may not seal completely and for the little cost of the washers saves the hassle of having to pull them out again
Not seen how the injectors sit but if acess is good it would be worthwhile to mix up some water and fairy liquid (or any other liquid soap) and spray/splash some over the injectors when the engine is running if you see any bubbles air is passing by the copper seals even if you use new seals there is a chance they won't seal. If this happens you will need to get the face where the injector seals against ground flat had a guy do two on our zafira for a drink (had to take car to their workshop and pull the injectors out ready for them and leave the car with them so they could fit it in)

rxbren  
rxbren
Date registered 07.28.2014

#5 by fatboy , Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:17 pm

I used a Halfords standard 22mm deep sockets fitted a treat. Impact ones are a bit too thick to fit in the hole.

Big Truck
53 plate Animal
Mountain top with 3" roll bar
8" spots on bar
Front over rider with more spots
Decatted
Egr removed
Osram nightbreakers fitted
1 Dead engine
It's Aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

fatboy
Date registered 11.20.2011

#6 by Mallinman , Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Quote: fatboy wrote in post #5
I used a Halfords standard 22mm deep sockets fitted a treat. Impact ones are a bit too thick to fit in the hole.

Got the same one.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
I O S H Coarse

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor