l200 not starting

#1 by claire9767 ( Guest ) , Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:46 am

Hello sorry to bother everyone , I have a rather lovely L200 54 plate. Bless her she is a bit of a workhorse and up until yesterday has never put a foot wrong.I went out as normal waited for the coil light to go out and turned her over , started but didn't go ?? Nothing wrong with battery or lack of fuel (diesel) . I did no more and called the RAC. Man arrived tinkered around for ten mins , plugged her in to his computer and told me she had error codes 11 and 54 ?? Something wrong with the immobilizer ?? I dutifully called the referred auto electrician and relayed sorry tale and he seems to think( as I imparted that the fan belt had been slipping for a while but was due for service and mot and had just left it .) that it could be the bottom pulley and that it has rotated and knocked the crankshaft sensor and this was the problem ??? does this sound feasible ?? many thankyou 's in advance of any help xx claire

claire9767

RE: l200 not starting

#2 by 123hotchef , Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:31 am

hi claire that could be the problem until the covers are off and the crank sensor checked you wont know
the sensor can be tested via the ecu plug for resistance
is the fuel cut off solenoid clicking and allowing fuel into the pump?

Join up to the forum set urself a username and PM admin then you will be able to access the workshop area this has all the desiel trouble shooting info you will need to get the truck back on the road

where abouts in the world are you Claire?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by 123hotchef , Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:50 am

code 11 is accelerator posistion sensor and 54 is the immobilizer

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#4 by krutly , Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:55 am

indeed Claire , as cheffy says sensors and belts are definitely something worth looking at.
it is not unheard of for L200s to jump a tooth on the timing belt, have a balance belt fail, and many people (including myself) have had to replace the bottom pulley due to de-lamination.
if it is your bottom pulley that's going/gone then driving it will probably cause more damage so best get it looked at.
on the other hand it could be something very simple like a glow plugs or their relay that's faulty .
Joining the forum is free and there are many knowledgeable people on here who can help you sort your truck problems out .

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by 123hotchef , Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:12 am

I doubt it is the imobilizer to be honest unless the ECU is a fault, do you have a second key woth trying with that if you do.

My truck is also a pig to start in the mornings from cold at the moment
I am thinking it may be the crank sensor too.

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#6 by Guest , Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:49 pm

oh thankyou everyone ... i have joined and awaiting confirmation email etc ....
the poor old girl is being towed away to the garage as i type :((

#7 by Guest , Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 pm

oh and for the record i am in chelmsford ( little waltham )

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
roof rack

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor