classic injectors woe

#1 by treeboa , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:06 pm

right guys, dunno how many of you have removed these things , i know lez will have, theres a glaring mitzi `fook you up` in place, ther injectors live down a recess, no problemo as i have deep sockets, big problemo is the fucking things are bigger than the hole mitzi kindly used , so thank christ i have a decent lathe, i dont thankfukly ( my spelling) use chrome deep sockets, my black one that fits the injector has a diameter of 31.9 mm, the slant eyed bastards at mitzi used a 29.1 mm hole , so easy shove socket in lathe, cut the excess away, so shoves me best metal removing tool in the tool post and `oh you fooking shit faced twattin bastard` yep sockets harder than said tool and promptly fucks the tool, last chance before i really see me litle bum, the never used tungsten tipped tool, even that had fun, 0.001 shaving coming off sparking !!!!!!

so any fool sorry person deciding to remove thier injectors needs a long 22 mm socket however if your over 29.1 mm on its diameter your up shit creek without a paddle

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

RE: classic injectors woe

#2 by ebony266 , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:08 pm

you gona start RENTING that out T/B

ebony266
Date registered 10.27.2011

#3 by Bootsie , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:09 pm

you can buy 'injector sockets' from machine mart - same as the glow plug sockets.

2006 'new shape' from new 66000 miles, no problems, just serviced every 12k miles.

Bootsie  
Bootsie

#4 by Basil2 ( deleted ) , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

nice worktop

Basil2

#5 by ebony266 , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 pm

bet he got Lillian to clean it before the pic was taken ??

ebony266
Date registered 10.27.2011

#6 by treeboa , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:20 pm

bit late to think about that when the only things left to remove are the injectors , ive had a few of machine marts sockets of the mates fail when loaded up, personally found those and halfords stuff to be too brittle, normally its when your undoing the part they go, these buggers took my snapon breaker bar to undo initially, im no weakling and no way could i get enough push/pull with the ratchet

if anyones interested in borrowing it i will lend it out with a paypal deposit that covers the price of the socket and the postage, bust it you lose your depost, about £25 inc postage

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

treeboa

#7 by treeboa , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:22 pm

no lilyanns not here lololol, all on me lonesome with just amber n toby - oh yeah poppy as well

treeboa

#8 by Bootsie , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:29 pm

maybe snap -on then Mike

2006 'new shape' from new 66000 miles, no problems, just serviced every 12k miles.

Bootsie  
Bootsie

#9 by treeboa , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:45 pm

for the amount of work i do now snap on tools would be just an expensive luxury tbh, i still have a load of the snap on gear i used to use, having said that i shattered a few snapon long impacts using an impact wrench, begrudgingly replaced by snap on rep who tried telling me using said tools with an air wrench was abusing them ?? wanker, these long reach black ones i have here are not snap on, have been used with a one inch adaptor and a one inch impact gun and never failed - snap on ones i flogged as after failing i was not impressed nor did i trust them, these ones came courtesy of a visiting state side enginneer who gave them to me and then put in a lost tools claim to his company he actually said snap on are good but there are better available especially if you use larger sockets and really need to work with them

treeboa

#10 by Bootsie , Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I have only snapped two sockets, both of them were snap -on. Luckily their distribution depot is quite close to me and they were replaced, dont think they are any better than a lot of manufacturers but they do have a good range of very expensive kit. I prefer gedore and sykes pickavant, gedore are still made from German steel and they have resisted change to Chinese manufacture, unlike snap - on.

Bootsie  
Bootsie

#11 by LezT , Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Stah Wylie, if I spelled it right, they can be bought from Daf dealers, not sure where else, made from aircraft steel and hard as fook, had tubes on them and they just gritted their teeth then laughed at me. Wicked kit but not cheap, no-where near the Snap-on or Mac price range, but still a bit pricey.

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

Last edited 02.26.2012 | Top

#12 by treeboa , Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 pm

dunno what `make` these are, all just have cr-v and the spanner size on the body, ive had the big ones attached to a hydrotorque machine and put serious pressure on them, not pounds foot but tons foot, only had one scary moment, had a 4 inch bolt at 500 lbs/foot when there was a crack, bolt snapped but it was deff a pass me my mustard coloured trousers moment

treeboa

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
successful day!

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor