MOT advisories

#1 by krutly , Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, my truck has a new Mot as from Wednesday last week. It did have a lot of advisories so have started to have a look through and see if I can sort them out. Didn't get much time today but did sort out my nearside door mirror I pried off the triangular cover inside to reveal 3 screws and a multiplug.I unplugged the plug and undid the 3 screws.I did remember another post that reminded me to hold the mirror so it doesn't smash on the floor when you take the last screw out(sound obvious but it needs to be said), so thanks to whoever that was(maybe Lez?).Pulling back a rubber cover revealed a screw.unscrewing this and its cover revealed 4 more. I tightened up the loose one and now my mirror is solid again.I laughed pretty much all the way through doing this as I recalled what was said on the MOT advisory.

"Nearside mirror slightly insecure"

I was thinking maybe I should have treated it better over the years? maybe I should have taken the time to say how nice it looked each time I see it? or maybe it was messed around by its previous owner? perhaps I should buy it some flowers next valentine's day? Needless to say I shall sleep well tonight knowing that my mirror is no longer insecure.

a note to my mirror ............... I am sorry for taking you for granted all these years, please accept my appologies

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

RE: MOT advisories

#2 by Warriorbez , Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:58 pm

******* more stars than a mcdonalds manager ********

PAIN IS ONLY WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!

Mini countryman in white and black

07 reg Landrover

2002. Black L200 Warrior, 155,555 miles,
NOW SOLD

Warriorbez
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.29.2011

#3 by LezT , Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Twas me........................having dropped one a long time ago............ Alan it was BD ( Before Donkey) so it does'nae count.
TLC goes a long way, don't waste it on your truck though............ use it on the wife / GF mate rewards are better ( so I am informed ).

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

Last edited 02.26.2012 | Top

#4 by SJK , Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 pm

My wife's Jeep Wrangler had an advisory which said "bonnet stay missing" when I pointed out it wasn't missing it was on the floor in the back of the car, I don't think it went down too well. Didn't think that would be on mot test. All I ever do with it is lay the bonnet back on the windscreen, loads of room to work

2010 Diesel Warrior lwb auto
http://www.gintrapinn.co.uk/

SJK
Date registered 01.13.2012

#5 by treeboa , Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 pm

the one verbal advisory that keeps occurring with mine is the tester complaining about it running on veg

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
K&N Air Filter

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor