Wiring aux lights, and bed lights, to new L200

#1 by Mitsy ( Guest ) , Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Hello boys and girls,
Today has been a right headache, Tried to fit new bed liner , used gun wash to clean the bodywork and plastick liner,
sticky pads supplied wont hold the thing in place,
the tail gate liner had 8 cut outs size of a 2 pence coin , and small self tappers supplied so that was wrong,
there was supost to be a u shape trim with sticky tape to hold the lining @ the bulkhead , That was not supplied.

So moved on to the new Amadilo bed roll,
the cartrage wont go up to the bead bulkhead as the tie down loops welded in the bulkhead wont allow it to
Also it would not folow the contour of the bed bulkhead as it dipps down,
SO above miss shape would leave a 20 mm gap along the bed bulkhead and roll top cart-rage.
Plastic liner above also sticks out 10 mm and would also stop the cartrage going up to the bulkhead.

So tried to fit the roll loop , says on the box for ford ranger but was assured there the same by the stealer that sold it,

It sits well too wide on the bed sides ,

So settled for fitting the wind deflectors that went on great ;-)

Went to fit the very nice rubberized mud trays , ffs they were well out of shape to fit .

So decided to fit the new hard top,

One catch wont open as thers not enugh travel on the latch rod ,
the other catch wont double click because the housing fouls it ..
The two front clamps to hold it to the bed were too long and had to be cut down with the angle Grinder

Didnt even attempt to fit the front "A" frame

All brand new gear . I said id better fit the "a" frame for the way home as moods and stress levels were running very high to say the least , but didnt...

Any way to my ask : Where is best to wire the Roof lights, "A" bar spot lights and hard top light ?
What switches and positions are apropriate
(the switches and fag lighter in lower console are in such a silly non viable position Poor design there ,
whats the Best fitting make of roll bar for the L200 please (must fit with Amadilo roll top)

Any links will be very gratefully received , sorry to join the forum with an ask but boys and new toy`s
Many thanks in Antissipation Froggie

Mitsy

RE: Wiring aux lights, and bed lights, to new L200

#2 by krutly , Thu May 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Hello mate
get yourself registered as a member and then get upgraded (it's all free) then you'll be able to have a look see at what others have done
I've got photos in my gallery of my roller shutter and how it sits(without cutting the tie down brackets off) and where my brackets etc are for the A bar(including the spots), and where the roll bar sits.
sounds like the roller shutter may be for the wrong shape bed (older shape ones wont fit newer shape ones and vice versa)
rubber mats sometimes need "trimming" to shape if they aint genuine mitzy ones
I have found that every "10 minute job" actually means that it takes 10 minutes to figure out it's a much bigger job than you thought
plenty of people on here that will be able to talk you through what you need to know
Not everyone sees this part of the forum but once you've a member you'll be able to see all of it including "how to's" and the workshop manuals

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Guest , Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Thank you Krutly,
I filed the register section in just waiting :-) How do I upgrade?
I will look eager to seeing your roll top , I called the UK Supplier of the roll top STORM ACCESSORIES ,, He knew about the issue and said just cut the loops off the bulk head with an angle grinder or hack saw ..LOL the pick up is brand spanking new delivered to me today straight off the transporter in to the workshop for modds. (had to send it back last week as they tried to deliver with discoloration on the leather seats so its had a second set fitted ) is got 7 miles on it ....So well peed off.

Mud mats are a mile off and need twisting to even get in the foot well so going back with the roll bar to HARD TOPS UK where All the rubbish came from. Why do people palm you off with rubbish and bull just so they can rob your money , Companies like this deserve to go bust

Amadilo was supost to fit current model (ie 2015 as what i tried to fit)

What year is your pickup with the tie down loops stil in tact?
is your shutter an Amadillo?
Need to order a new roll bar tomorrow AM

Was wondering about wiring as need to be @ it tomorrow, Build time is very limited ,
didnt know if it was can buss system? or want to Hack the harness trying to get powers ,
Sure some on the forum will have nice second fuse box and nice , , and know where to pull local power

lOOK FORWARD TO SEEING PEOPLES BUILDS AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE SITE (P.S. I am in CLEVELAND area Thanks Froggie

#4 by krutly , Fri May 29, 2015 8:50 am

mine's a 53 so considerably older than yours and a hell of a lot more miles
quite a few have newer trucks on here including the new challenger ones so may be able to help with any issues you have
plenty of knowledgeable people when it comes to fuses/wiring looms etc
I haven't seen your name appear on the welcome lists from @ronniecabers yet but I'm sure he and admin will be on it soon enough (if you've not registered then I'm sure Ronnie will tell you what you need to do)
dont know about the canbus bit but someone will I'm sure
and when it comes to parts, if it doesn't fit when they said it would then you're right to send stuff back and if I ever bought a new truck I wouldn't accept iffy seats either

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by ronniecabers , Fri May 29, 2015 10:40 am

Hmm..havent't seen this one come across my desk ( figuratively speaking )as Mitsy or Froggie .... What name did you register as ? Once Admin activates members your username will turn green and a Members welcome thread is created for all activated at the same time. This wil have instructions on how to upgrade to a full member , when your username turns blue. The reason we do it this way is to stop spamming and bots, I don't know of a quick way around it.

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#6 by Guest , Sat May 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Guys , Thank you for the reply's, Ive registered as Mitsy but didn't open the link in the e mail , thought that was just to change password etc, (im a bit of a computer numpty).
Hopefully im logged in now.. and can proceed :-) ..
Ended up cutting the tie down lugs off the bulkhead to find the Amadillo roller top still wouldn't go forward for the shape around the wheel arch area of the bed liner id just fitted , so had to nip and fcuk it with a heat gun .
Eventually got the roll top fitted after the tail gate liner interfered with the side runners and the roller when drawn back , so more plastick surgery on the tail gate liner ..

Roll bar supplied was supost to be a Amadillo also but was actually a Avenger for a ford ranger , so apparently the correct order wil be here next Friday lol
Ordered new rubber mats from main stealer . so mud mats will go back with the roll bar.

Moved on to the front "A" bar , that is supost to fit with no mods to the pick up But needs bumper trimming to get the chassis / bat brackets any where near the chassis..
So abandoned the project till monday ;-(
Hopefully off to watch the P1 power boats @ Scarborough Sunday to chill out and de stress,,
Wil look on flea bay for some switches probily carling type as thats what we have on the recovery waggons,
Hoping to get some tips as to dash removal before prodding and poking at it with a screwdriver and marking it .
Thanks again Froggie . P.S. ill post pictures once i work out how to set up a picture storage bank thing lol

#7 by ronniecabers , Sun May 31, 2015 7:54 am

Was It Mitsi or Mitsy ....haven't seen the latter yet....but Mitsi registered in Mid May.....

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: Wiring aux lights, and bed lights, to l200

#8 by Peter Mc Pherson ( Guest ) , Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 pm

How to disconnect wires to hard top is there a connector

Peter Mc Pherson

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
l200 strada

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor