KB4T mods?

#1 by jaybajan , Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:42 am

Hi mates, I have a question. I have a 09 L200 automatic.
the other day I was thinking about some stuff i can do to it to give it a more personal touch. Now, i've looked at what a few people have done to their L200 and what they modded or just simply took off.

I want to give you all a few options I have here running through my mind.

I can do either all of the following or just one or two. It all depends on the feedback I receive, Heck!! I would do everything. I just need some help clearing a few things up.

Ok here it goes..... the things I have in mind.

1) Buy a EGR blanking kit.
2) Can someone recommend a good ECU chip which I can use?
3) Was thinking of removing my CAT and run a straight pipe. OR, just leave in the CAT and run the straight pipe after it.
4)Was wondering if they are any aftermarket pistons or injectors which can work for the 4D56.
5) Any good turbos we can use?

If anyone have done any mods and notice an increase of power please let me know.
I'm willing to try some stuff, I just thought I'll ask the group, since i figure most of you all of done mods.

Thanks.

jaybajan  
jaybajan
Date registered 06.13.2015

Last edited 07.15.2015 | Top

RE: KB4T mods?

#2 by Basil , Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:04 am

Welcome jbj, there are many things you could do, some which we've decided just because you can....... one of these is egr blanking /removal.very few here have and say its good, more havent for reasons best known to themselves. My own needs a clean out as smoke is everywhere! Go search under "remapping" and you'll get a flavour of what we've done. I kept my cat, straight piped it at Simons custom exhausts (east kilbride) for £267) I recommend him and it, good gains in grunt and sound .As for your last two...dunno the autos arent the quickest off the mark, and never forget, its a two-tonne truck. Enjoy the forum matey

Basil

2007, Y plate 4life,
2010, 55 plate L200 4work++
March 2013, 11 plate Barbarian. Wrapped, OME all round, remapped to 210, straight piped 2.5" SS.

Basil
Forum Legend
Date registered 03.07.2012

#3 by jaybajan , Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:14 am

I understand where your coming from, I just wanted to get rid of that dead spot I have, so i was thinking about doing anything possible in order to gain a few extra BHP

jaybajan  
jaybajan
Date registered 06.13.2015

#4 by FoxyChris , Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:07 am

If you remove your cat then it may become an mot fail. See if you can remove it and hack the inside out before putting it back on. People with no car say there's a big improvement.

You can't really put an egr blank plate in a new shape. The ecu still expects it to work but when it gets different readings due to the blank plate it throws up a warning light. I went down the electronic resistor method and did a how too on this site. It doesn't cost much and permanently disables the egr in a safe manner that keeps the ecu happy. I noticed a much smoother drive and power delivery with mine.

Do you have the official ralliart chip on yours?

2008 Mitsubishi L200 Diamond. Auto, sat nav, sun roof, heated seats,full leather, sjs hardtop, k&n filter and Ralliart Chip. 16x7 black modulars with 265/75/16 Cooper AT3. DAB radio and reverse camera!

EGR PREVENT MODULES - www.Mitsi-EGR.co.uk

FoxyChris
Date registered 12.07.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bio Fuel issues?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor