looking to buy this l200 animal

#1 by Guest , Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Evening guys, i am going to have a look at an l200 animal 06 with extra DRL headlight (LED side lights) Barbarian Black Alloys with Cooper AT3 tyres
Check Aluminium back Locking roller shutter Reverse Sensors Reverse Camera Tint windows In-Car entertainment system with-Sat Nav it currently having 90k on the clock his is looking about £7,700 for it does that sound reasonable?
Also what should i be looking for ? new to this as had a scooby before when are the services due ect this is what its had done , just so if it needs somthing done soon i could knock him down abit

Servicing Since I’ve he has had it

77763 miles - Nov 2014 - Independent garage

Rear leaf springs/ shackles fully replaced

New Bosch Battery

Brake pads

66862 Miles - Feb 2014 - Independent garage

Complete Oil Service

All Engine belts (including Cam belt) replaced

51862 miles - Feb 2013 - Mitsubishi

50,000 mile service (All engine Gaskets/ Seals/ Complete Oil service)

2 Mitsubishi stamps in book before me

cheers for your time Rob

RE: looking to buy this l200 animal

#2 by skotl , Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Welcome Rob

on the face of it, that looks like a decent motor at a reasonable price. The belts definitely needed doing at 55-60 thousand so that's an expensive (and mandatory) job taken care of.

In terms of the drive, give it a good welly and it should pull away cleanly. It's never going to accelerate as quick as the scooby but should pull strongly and smoothly without hiccups. Change up well before 4,000 revs!

Good luck!
Scott

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

#3 by skotl , Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Oh! And where are you? There's likely a member close by who could go along and look at it with you, if you like?

Make sure you've PMd your details to "Admin" so that you can get full access to the site (and most of the members can see you, as you're currently restricted to a smaller number of members seeing your post).

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend

#4 by Guest , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:01 pm

i am in malvern Worcestershire but the l200 is in north wales i am waiting on a email back from admin would there need any service doing at 90k? :)

#5 by skotl , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:15 pm

The tappets may need doing. I don't have a service guide to hand, though.

No matter what, I'd always get a fluids&filters change done on any new motor that I bought.

skotl
Forum Legend

#6 by Guest , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:21 pm

[quote=skotl|p326425]The tappets may need doing. I don't have a service guide to hand, though.

No matter what, I'd always get a fluids&filters change done on any new motor that I bought.[/quote]

yes thats the first thing i be doing (full fluids and filter change ) bro works for landrover so i get it done cheaper :) is there anyway you can find out if the tappets need doing a how much do you think that cost?

#7 by Guest , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:23 pm

skotl , you got a picture of your l200 ?

#8 by Guest , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:29 pm

are the engine on the l200 chain or belt, aswell i been reading up that they are pron to engine problems ?

#9 by skotl , Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 am

TBH, if a 2006 lasted this long then it's doing fine.

Very early 2006 saw some head gasket failures but yours would have had that by now.

...I'm a little worried that I'm the only one to pile in so wait for more learned folks!

skotl
Forum Legend

#10 by krutly , Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:07 am

things to look out for (from memory) are
a very small amount of early newshapes could suffer from head gasket failure (as skoti mentioned) but the replacement gasket was an upgrade somehow so would not suffer future failures once done properly (dont hold me to that)
EGR valve and manifold need to be decoked after a while but they take many years/miles to clog up
tappets need adjusting (usually at same time as a decoke)
water ingress from either the centre rear window or occasionally down the bulkhead
auto boxes can be a bit slow pulling away some times ( I think fluid change sorts this out)
faults sometimes from a broken wire in loom (again , auto boxes I believe)

that's about all I can remember when it comes to new shape L200s ........... there is a considerably longer list to look out for classic I might add

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#11 by Guest , Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Did not get it after waste of time traveled 150 miles down there only to notices that it has a full respray done (not told in description on ebay) really really bad job paint as reacted is bubbles all over sandpaper marks all over the panels not been masked right so over spray everywhere, not seal right inside doors what was he fucking thinking that i would not notices so my offer was £6,500 and he said no... o well some other mug will buy it

#12 by ronniecabers , Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:15 pm

You did the right thing bud ........walk away with ya head held high.........

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Facebook page injustice

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor