Anyone know if the 2.8 and V6 auto boxes are the same?

#1 by Yoda , Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:32 pm

As above really. That's all I need to know. Original plan was to use the 2.8 Pajero box as it's been done that way. But I've got first refusal on a tiptronic auto box from a 3.5GDI for a really good price. Tried to call Mitsi but they said they can't help me unless I have VIN or registration numbers. Really just hoping some of you experienced guys will know

I do know they are both AISIN boxes. So it's a very high chance but confirmation would be awesome.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

RE: Anyone know if the 2.8 and V6 auto boxes are the same?

#2 by Yoda , Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:40 pm

So I just confirmation that the boxes are the same. This is ace because the 3.5gearbox has better ratios for a big two tone truck with a powerful engine.

For anyone who's interested this is how the Mitsi auto boxes were assigned;

The 2.4 and 2.6 and 3.0V 12V petrol and the 2.5 diesel have the smaller V4AW2 gearbox. The 2.8, 3.0 24V and 3.5 have the bigger V4AW3 gearboxes. However they have different gear ratios as the petrol engine revs much higher than the diesel. The tiptronic version is more or less the same physical gearbox, but with different control electronics.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Tipper!

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor