91 Double cab, are front and back door handles identical?

#1 by KryptonuT , Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 am

On my continuing quest to find ways to jazz up my recently acquired 1991 double cab....can anyone who's pulled apart the doors on an old double cab, confirm that the front and rear door handles are identical (as in left front = left back, right front = right back)? They certainly look the same from the outside.

Seen some nice black & chrome ones on ebay and was wondering if I could get away with buying 2 pairs so I can do all 4 doors?

Only reason I don't pull it apart myself at the moment is, it's my daily driver and my garage is a bit cramped Else, I'll take a look myself on the weekend, if my toddler will let me, haha.

Cheers.

KryptonuT  
KryptonuT
Date registered 09.25.2015

RE: 91 Double cab, are front and back door handles identical?

#2 by spud , Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:15 am

Would imagine, but can't confirm that front to back are the same. You'll probably find that the actuators on the handles inside for the door lock mechanism will be handed though. Which ones you seen on the bay?

1992 Grey import K34 Strada.
Midlands based.

spud
Date registered 12.23.2014

#3 by 123hotchef , Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:24 am

yep they are all the same on the classics I took them all out to fit leds into and they went back wherever

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#4 by diggermandan , Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Mine are the same on the 93 import. there were some changes between 89-93 and 93-96 though and mine is the later version. Open it up, the door card comes off pretty easy

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

#5 by KryptonuT , Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: spud wrote in post #2
Would imagine, but can't confirm that front to back are the same. You'll probably find that the actuators on the handles inside for the door lock mechanism will be handed though. Which ones you seen on the bay?

Eyeing these ones up:
Werbung: http://www.ebay.com/itm/370795117543

Steering wheel's falling apart a bit (got a bit of tape wound around the part that's buggered). Thinking of going for something like this:
Werbung: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381121768217

And I'm also looking at getting some Mazda B2000 chrome wing mirrors which can apparently bolt on to the old L200 mirror mounts.

The following contents have been linked to this post::

KryptonuT  
KryptonuT

#6 by spud , Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 am

Looking good there. Dont forget the boss to go with it.

1992 Grey import K34 Strada.
Midlands based.

spud
Date registered 12.23.2014

#7 by KryptonuT , Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Quote: spud wrote in post #6
Looking good there. Dont forget the boss to go with it.

yeah, trying to decide on the length of the boss kit to use. Was thinking about 40mm....but then I measured how far the end of the indicator stalk comes out, and that's about 40mm. Don't think the wheel is very deep (it's on its way).

60mm or thereabouts might be better, so I don't hit the stalk by accident, lol.

Just don't want it to come out too far. Stock wheel is borderline too far out for my liking.

KryptonuT  
KryptonuT

#8 by diggermandan , Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:35 pm

I have the Pajero steering wheel in mine. Much nicer feel and look than the original and a straight swap. Can't go wrong.

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
1991 Front Seat Replacement Suggestions

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor