Anyone running a Weber 32/36

#1 by KryptonuT , Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 am

Apparently these carbs are meant to be a nice upgrade. More power, better fuel economy.

Anyone who's got one, what sort of mileage increase did you get? I'm trying to justify whether or not I should upgrade the carb on my 4G54.

Cheers.

KryptonuT  
KryptonuT
Date registered 09.25.2015

RE: Anyone running a Weber 32/36

#2 by Yoda , Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:33 am

I would love to be wrong on this but I don't think you'll find an answer here. There aren't any trucks running 4G series engines on this forum that I'm aware of. Maybe another resource would be a better bet? There's got to be a forum somewhere where the 4G is commonplace? Quick wiki search shows it was standard on lots of other vehicles. Most notably the Starion and Pajero. Think I would start looking in those communities.

Would love to hear about your truck though. Is it an early rebadged Dodge Ram 50 you've got?

I see it also had an ECU multipoint fuel injection version. Answering your question on a quick engineering principle basis I would guess an improvement in economy might be seen by finding out how easy it is to retro fit the ECI system. Otherwise yes I would assume that a Weber carb would also give benefits. But I am very much putting 2 and 2 together here.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#3 by KryptonuT , Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:27 am

The Dodge Ram 50 is a rebadged version of the Mitsubishi Mighty Max which was its name in the American market. My L200 was assembled in New Zealand. The 86 - 95 L200 came with 2.0 (G63B), 2.4 (4G64) and the Sport model came with the 2.6L (4G54, also known as the G54B in some markets) - I think in some markets the 2.6 Sport is known as the Strada? I also think some of the 4WD models came with a 3.0L V6 as an option too.

KryptonuT  
KryptonuT
Date registered 09.25.2015

Last edited 10.22.2015 | Top

#4 by Rob1307 , Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:04 am

Many moons ago I had a Colt Sapporo/ Mitsubishi Sapporo however they were badged from factory , that had the 2 litre engine with a pair of twin choke carbs on it . Great fuel economy on light throttle but when you hit the loud pedal it was horrendous on fuel but fun , ran the twin choke Webber carbs on my ford engines as a young un and they are not to bad on fuel if you can bob around driving on the first choke .

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Mag Wheel Size

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor