oil level max mark on DPF L200

#1 by Deanxm ( Guest ) , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:21 pm

I did join here and got the keyring and membership card but can't log in to the forum. Do I have to register separately for this?

Anyway that's not the issue, the issue is as titled, my DPF equipped L200 like to hide its diesel in the engine oil and Max the level out every few k which is damn annoying, especially since the garage don't give a what's it and sayits normal, in that the 12k service intervals I was promised aare more like 3k, anyway this isn't the place for a moan.

The question is, is the X on the dipstick more of a " THE OIL MUST NEVER EXCEED THIS LEVEL" kind of a mark or is it more like a " come on now, time to think about changing the oil" kind of a mark?

I ask because cold the oil level is half way betwixt the Max fill mark and the X, but I checked it warm today (1 hour after being driven) and it was about 5mm over the dreaded X and I've got a bit of a long run to do in it tomorrow, what do you think?

Dealer cant fit me in untill tuesday (over a week from phoning to book) which shows how much they couldnt give a log.

D

Deanxm

RE: oil level max mark on DPF L200

#2 by surfer , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Membership card and key ring for the other forum
L200.ORG
this forum is free bud
@ronniecabers

Al

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Midlands
[red]Formerly known as Surfer[red]
[blue]Ford ranger, tow bar, blacked out windows,wind deflectors.A bar
reversing camera
warrior egg cup
warrior money box

surfer
Date registered 10.06.2012

#3 by ronniecabers , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:41 pm

As Surfer says , we are free to join...but in answer to you oil question , I was always told to check oil when warm...not hot..warm . And usually not to have it above the full mark as it could build excessive pressure.
My information may be outdated though!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#4 by Nick , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Are you a member of our Face Book page?
There is a guy called Michael Murray, he is a Mitzi Tech. (he may be able to advise on your problem)

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

#5 by Guest , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:44 pm

[quote=surfer|p347842]Membership card and key ring for the other forum
L200.ORG
this forum is free bud
@ronniecabers

Al[/quote]

.............might explain why I can't log in, should have looked harder and found you lot the first time round, would have had a bit of extra cash free to put towards my next oil change too.

D

#6 by Guest , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:46 pm

[quote=Nick|p347846]Are you a member of our Face Book page?
There is a guy called Michael Murray, he is a Mitzi Tech. (he may be able to advise on your problem)[/quote]

Sorry, I'm not social enough for social media but thanks for the heads up.

D

#7 by Guest , Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:52 pm

[quote=ronniecabers|p347845]As Surfer says , we are free to join...but in answer to you oil question , I was always told to check oil when warm...not hot..warm . And usually not to have it above the full mark as it could build excessive pressure.
My information may be outdated though![/quote]

Thank you, since the levels appearso different between cold and hot iI would think warm would give a good average, don't like running it when the oils all thin and full of fuel but I can'tget oil changes ever 1k miles, anyone else with a dpf eequipped truck get this issue or is my dealer right and it is just me? I do about 1500miles/month and it gets driven normally with good long runs and no dpf clogging just derv slipping past the rings.

D

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
rear door gap seems wider at the bottom than it is at the top

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor