anyone got amazon prime ? tell me about it

#1 by krutly , Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Some of you have bound to have got amazon prime so tell me what the pros and cons are if you would please ?
I've heard about free delivery "prime" above a certain value ? is this from all sellers or not ?
not really used amazon before but quite often see deals that I'm interested in. Does amazon kind of work similar to buy it now on ebay ?
what about "fire sticks" and the like that need amazon prime ? do you have to subscribe every year ? if so how much ? do you need fast broadband to watch whatever you want to watch ?
what about the new "top gear" type of program that's gonna be on amazon prime ? is a fire stick thing gonna get this ? I know not everyone is a fan but I enjoy watching the trio of idiots.
what other stuff do I need to know ?

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

RE: anyone got amazon prime ? tell me about it

#2 by AD , Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:55 pm

No i have not got it.

AD

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#3 by ronniecabers , Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:27 pm

£80 a year subscription... if it's fulfilled by Amazon rather than a marketplace seller it will qualify for next day delivery , regardless of price, you can watch Amazon tv (where clarkson and crew have gone ) ... as goes firestick ain't got a clue!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#4 by ronniecabers , Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:59 pm

should have said that the delivery if fulfilled by Amazon is free if you have Amazon Prime.
yes , it pretty much is ebays Buy it now, ( but so are most online shops! )
Broadband I'm guessing ( from so pretty hefty research due to another ' streaming ' type thread ) you'll need 3mb + connection to at least get it to work , you wouldn't have HD content at that speed, you may still get ' buffering ' though

we use Amazon Prime at work all the time!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#5 by Pingu , Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 pm

I've got prime, I stream to shows and movies in my iPad with 3G no problems but does go through quite a bit of data, as for a fire stick I'll let you know once the fat mans been in 9 days, you should be able to mobile hotspot that to fingers crossed! As for delivery, it's paid for by your subscription and you get next day 7 days a week as long as it comes from Amazon not a third party! I pay by monthly DD.

Pingu
Date registered 01.03.2015

#6 by rxbren , Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Fire stick turns your tv into a smart tv also giving you access to amazon on demand tvmy stick will be here in a couple of days but will add kodi to get apps that let you watch stuff for free like the other android box thread

rxbren  
rxbren
Date registered 07.28.2014

#7 by tmw4562 , Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:49 pm

We did have Amazon prime until recently, but now run everything off a firestick with Kodi loaded onto it

its good if you do a lot of on-line shopping, most stuff you can get on next day free delivery if you have a prime account
but now i have the firestick with the kodi, its just not worth the £79 a year fee. just for the shopping part..

i get all the movies, or boxset's and sport now, so for me its just not worth the fee anymore

L200 K74 2005 Animal,
Sport back canopy, Decat,
255/60/18 General Grabbers AT2

2010 Barbarian, Red
265/70/17 BF Goodrich KO2
Led DRL front bar
Auto folding mirrors from the key
Heated seats

tmw4562
Date registered 09.24.2012

#8 by malky , Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Ive got it krutters its good. Loads of boxset tv good range of new stuff for rent loads of good movies free with the prime.. you can use your tablet or laptop and it give access anywhere it ev3n works on android now which it didnt 6 months or so ago.

it is a yearly subscription but its not mega money and frankly is better value than sky tv.

imho obviously.

cheers
Malky

**WARNING - The above post may contain opinions and/or unnecessary sarcasm!**

FORD FIESTA 1.0L ZETEC 2014
VAUXHALL CORSA 2013
FORD RANGER 2014 LIMITED

malky  
malky
Date registered 10.06.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Canopy interior light feed.