L200 Animal battery change

#1 by Luckyshot ( Guest ) , Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:14 am

Hi all,

I am new here and still waiting for my login details in the meantime I wonder if anyone can assist.

I am trying to change the battery on my 09 Animal but the alarm keeps going off,how can I stop this in order to change the battery ?

Thanks
Lucky shot

Luckyshot

RE: L200 Animal battery change

#2 by 123hotchef , Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:25 am

I am guessing the alarm thinks the wires have been cut. Is the alarm off if so y have a battery back up

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by 123hotchef , Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:25 am

I am guessing the alarm thinks the wires have been cut. Is the alarm off if so y have a battery back up

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#4 by Luckyshot ( Guest ) , Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:43 am

Yes I think that you are correct but there must be a way to override it .......

Luckyshot

#5 by ronniecabers , Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:49 am

Alarms I've had in the past have required an overide key for the siren , maybe a set keyfob button pressess will disarm arm it ...have you looked the model number of the alarm up on the internet for the instruction book?

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#6 by krutly , Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 pm

no idea if it's anything like it but on my bike I have to have the key in the ignition and then press the disarm button when I change the battery
@Gezza @Nick @Basil @animal @FoxyChris may be able to answer your question when they see this

once you're logged in/registered/upgraded etc etc then you'll be able to see all the forum

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#7 by animal , Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Have you got jump leads mate .
Using the jump leads connect the earth of the new battery to a good earthing point on the truck , now connect the one end of the red jump lead to the positive of the new battery and the other end to the positive battery terminal connector as if your jumping your truck from the new battery . Now quickly disconnect the old battery leaving the new battery connected via the jump leads and the alarm won't go off as it still has power to it supplied via the jump leads. Remove the old battery completely and put the new battery in its place . Connect the 2 battery terminals up to the new battery and remove the jump leads ... Hey Presto new battery fitted and no alarm going off ....

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Chrome Rear Bar

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor