Boost............!!

#1 by mikeygulley , Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi There,

I'm having issues with my truck staying in full boost.
I had an issue last week where the truck over boosted and the eml came on and limp mode. I switched her off for a minute or so and all was back to normal. Now the issue has gotten worse, the turbo now stays in full boost position (like when truck is switched off) all the time, not even the smallest of movements. My first thought is boost sensor would I be right or could it be the vgt control solenoid?

The truck runs fine just sluggish up until ~3k rpm then takes off! The eml comes on when it's under load but doesn't go to limp mode.

I have always had issues with boost, it would always run at over 20psi until I went over 3k rpm then it would drop back to 15psi and smooth out. This is in 3rd, 4th and 5th. In first and second it would go off the scale! I had used the guide to set the turbo up too. If I'm honest it has always been horrible to drive. I'm starting to dislike it more and more!

I hope I can sort it with some guidance

Mike

mikeygulley  
mikeygulley
Date registered 08.31.2014

RE: Boost............!!

#2 by 4life-extreme , Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:05 pm

Make sure you have checked all the vac pipes are in good condition and secure this is a good place to start before shelling out. I had a similar problem turned out to be perished pipe.
have you access to a code reader?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#3 by mikeygulley , Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:34 am

I will check vac pipes today. Can get to a code reader quite easily. I'm swapping the engine out in a few months but still need it for work ATM! It's drivable but just frustrating.

mikeygulley  
mikeygulley

#4 by mikeygulley , Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:36 am

Does anyone know what id the vac pipe work is? The truck is an '03 warrior.

mikeygulley  
mikeygulley

#5 by ronniecabers , Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:38 am

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Last edited 01.10.2016 | Top

#6 by mikeygulley , Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Okay so everything is now working as it should (non oe vgt solenoid was problem!) but now the eml won't go out??

mikeygulley  
mikeygulley

#7 by mikeygulley , Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:54 pm

It seems to have now gone out! I parked the truck up for a couple of hours and have just been to look at a job and all seems okay now. Fingers crossed!

mikeygulley  
mikeygulley

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
swapping heater control unit in cab

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor