Load bed dimensions please

#1 by Miltski ( Guest ) , Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi all just joined but awaiting activation before I can officially log into forum, hence posting as guest.

I'm looking at getting an L200 (classic) for work, but need to know if certain things will fit, most importantly if I try to put my wacker plate in the bed will I be able to use a cover for it, not too keen on canopy as id rather have access all sides.

So can anyone tell me the height of the sides of the bed, my wacker is around mm high at its highest point, how much (if at all) will it stick out the top?

I know theres a risk of it being nicked if I leave it in the back, but if its right by the cab and secured to the bed, and perhaps if I raise the whole motor, I think as long as its not too obvious the likelihood of somone lifting the thing from the middle of the bed to over the sides is fairly slim no?

anyway any help would be appreciated, the other option I have is simply to put it in the back (maybe removing the seats)

Thanks in advance

Miltski

Miltski

RE: Load bed dimensions please

#2 by 4life-extreme , Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 pm

400mm deep, 1470 wide, 1500 long.

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#3 by Guest , Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Cheers, so I suppose the wacker will have to go in the back seats at 600mm high if I want ot get one with a roller shutter on it!

#4 by 4life-extreme , Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:13 pm

you could lay it on its side if its for a short distance, with the fuel out

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#5 by Guest , Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:28 pm

[quote=4life-extreme|p363972]you could lay it on its side if its for a short distance, with the fuel out[/quote]
ah yeah hadn't thought of that, but it will likely be in the back for some time, and emptying and refuelling is not ideal I use it daily, I was hoping to have it in back permanently as its quite heavy to keep carrying out and bringing in the house every day.

Oh well maybe a canopy is something I'll have to think of, or maybe a half canopy/ large enough security box.

I don't think this will make an change to the fact I think ive settled on an L200!!

Thanks for your help!!

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Problem with central locking, interior clock and light

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor