Front LED lights

#1 by OnlyMe , Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi guys and gals I'm looking to fit some bright white led bulbs to me l200 (03) but all the ones I'm looking at tell me to check the polarity as some are different to others. I have looked on here but can't seem to find anything so was just wondering if anyone knows the wiring set up to the front drive/main beam as I don't have a multi meter other wise I'd do it myself.
Or if someone has already fitted these point me in the direction of what bulbs to use.
All information is much appreciated as trying to get any sense out of automotive shops just sucks. Thanks in advance OM

2003 l200 double cab 2.5 turbo diesel black over silver. Roll bar with 8" spots. Bog standard for now. Watch this space.

From a land where men are men and the sheep run for cover

OnlyMe
Date registered 05.07.2016

RE: Front LED lights

#2 by OnlyMe , Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Well that's gone down like a lead balloon lol.

2003 l200 double cab 2.5 turbo diesel black over silver. Roll bar with 8" spots. Bog standard for now. Watch this space.

From a land where men are men and the sheep run for cover

OnlyMe
Date registered 05.07.2016

#3 by Nick , Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:21 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Sundays are always quiet on here mate.
From what ive read the LED bulbs don't give a very good beam pattern on the road. Yes they are bright / white light.
Most go for Osram Night Breaker Plus or a HID kit.
HID kit may be an MOT fail at some garages, but you can put normal bulbs back in for a day.
Classic L200s are H4 bulbs, plenty of choice on ebay.

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 06.12.2016 | Top

#4 by paulw , Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:50 pm

I bought zenon bulbs for disco,not led i know but big difference

did have warrior, but crossed over to disco 2.
Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!
Landies don't leak oil, they just sweat

paulw
Date registered 10.06.2011

#5 by Ollie , Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:11 pm

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) that's my led but head lights iv put night breakers in got them on fleece bay mate

Your Area Rep for Newcastle upon Tyne Did have several l200s
04plate warrior snorkel off road ats lifted needs more mods waiting on the store's to open
NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie
Date registered 10.02.2013

#6 by krutly , Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:30 pm

I had some HID bulbs in mine and had to adjust them as far down as they would go as the beam scatters everywhere and I was blinding other drivers
went for some cheap (ish) leds and they looked great but were sh1te at lighting up the road
went back to osram night breakers in the end

........... then changed to twin headlight units ............ which are/were even worse, but they look nice

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Paulsv6 truck from the beginning

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor