Steering angle sensor and ABS fault lights

#1 by Nigel M , Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi I hope someone can help I replaced the clock Spring/squid on my 08 warrior the SRS fault light reset no issues but the steering angle sensor came up I contacted a mobile diognostic man who came out he tried to reset it with his laptop and the ABS and hand break lights have also come on know.
He is having great issues in sorting these codes out and is telling me my ABS pump is knackered but there are know fault codes coming up for the ABS.
I am totally pulling my hair out does anyone know what is happening

Please any help advice would be great

Thanks Nigel

L200 warrior 2008 plate

Nigel M  
Nigel M
Date registered 03.10.2016

RE: Steering angle sensor and ABS fault lights

#2 by krutly , Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and see if that cures anything ?
@FoxyChris might be able to offer some advice as I'm sure this is one he's had before ....... or at least knows about

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by FoxyChris , Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:56 pm

I was also getting an abs abs handbrake light for no reason and couldn't figure out why. Turned out the diagnostic software was confusing the ecu and making it give false readings. Try the disconnecting battery method or buy an obd reader from Amazon so you can reset the lights yourself without having to pay someone every time. Make sure you get a decent obd reader as my cheap crappy Chinese one was actually the cause of the interference.

2008 Mitsubishi L200 Diamond. Auto, sat nav, sun roof, heated seats,full leather, sjs hardtop, k&n filter and Ralliart Chip. 16x7 black modulars with 265/75/16 Cooper AT3. DAB radio and reverse camera!

EGR PREVENT MODULES - www.Mitsi-EGR.co.uk

FoxyChris
Date registered 12.07.2013

#4 by Nigel M , Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi FoxyChris I have the same issue so I've booked it in to main dealer for the to sort it all I just want my truck back. But for the future I will look into aobd reader

L200 warrior 2008 plate

Nigel M  
Nigel M
Date registered 03.10.2016

#5 by yozer13 , Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:16 pm

may need to zero and the calibrate the steering wheel as for abs/asr it needs to know when the wheel is straight at 0degrees so it knows if your sliding out and which wheels to brake on.

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South Wales

54* warrior
egr + cooler sacked off.
straight through pipe.
k&n apollo.
go faster chip.
2" suspension lift.
2" body lift
285/75/16

yozer13
Date registered 07.19.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team: