I'm excited to be picking up an L200 on Friday, but already worried about the alarm!

#1 by kiwifraser ( Guest ) , Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi all,
I'm awaiting my login details to come through, so I can sign up as a full member. In the mean time, an introduction and question...

I'm Fraser, I live in Glasgow, and I've bought a 57 plate grey Animal. It will be used as our family weekend vehicle primarily, lugging around 4 people, camping gear, and bikes. It was previously a lease vehicle, and had never had a tow bar fitted, so I'm hoping it's not been worked to hard in past life.

It looks in great condition inside the cab and out. Mechanically it has a good service history, and as part of the purchase deal it's getting a cam belt/ WP change, service, slightly noisy wheel bearing, and new front shocks (as they were an MOT advisory).

I'm very much looking forward to it, but there are a couple of questions I have for the forum please.

1. Alarm Issue? Today at one point I unlocked the vehicle with the remote, and the alarm went off. I locked it, and unlocked again and it stopped. I tried numerous more times, but couldn't repeat the same problem.
Is it possible I activated a panic alarm with the remote, or is it more likely to be more a common fault (I've checked the search function which brings up a few new member topics). The red flashing alarm light on the dash has a missing cover, but I don't know if that would make a difference. Any ideas or solutions in case it happens again please?

2. Hard Top Interior Rips. The load bay canopy interior has large tears in the vinyl, and needs fixed. This was part of the reason I got a good price on it! It looks like a commonly seen manufacturer hardtop with pop out window and rear wing (Avenger XTC?).
Does anyone know if it's possibly to easily remove the vinyl and foamand just leave fiberglass, or alternatively a good way to get the vinyl replaced for less than the cost of a replacement top?

3. Load bay light. Sould the interior light in the load bay turn on with a door opening, or manually be switched on?

4. Lastly, There is also a Tm button on the LHS of the steering wheel. I assume this is the Voice Sat Nav. Is this worth using?, or more hassle than Google maps on a phone as I do now?

Apologies for the long first post, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Ilook forward to being involved in the forum.

Cheers
kiwifraser

kiwifraser

RE: I'm excited to be picking up an L200 on Friday, but already worried about the alarm!

#2 by ronniecabers , Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:43 am

Quote: A guest wrote in post #1
Hi all,
I'm awaiting my login details to come through, so I can sign up as a full member. In the mean time, an introduction and question...

I'm Fraser, I live in Glasgow, and I've bought a 57 plate grey Animal. It will be used as our family weekend vehicle primarily, lugging around 4 people, camping gear, and bikes. It was previously a lease vehicle, and had never had a tow bar fitted, so I'm hoping it's not been worked to hard in past life.

It looks in great condition inside the cab and out. Mechanically it has a good service history, and as part of the purchase deal it's getting a cam belt/ WP change, service, slightly noisy wheel bearing, and new front shocks (as they were an MOT advisory).

I'm very much looking forward to it, but there are a couple of questions I have for the forum please.

1. Alarm Issue? Today at one point I unlocked the vehicle with the remote, and the alarm went off. I locked it, and unlocked again and it stopped. I tried numerous more times, but couldn't repeat the same problem.
Is it possible I activated a panic alarm with the remote, or is it more likely to be more a common fault (I've checked the search function which brings up a few new member topics). The red flashing alarm light on the dash has a missing cover, but I don't know if that would make a difference. Any ideas or solutions in case it happens again please? not sure , one of the new shape owners should be able to answer that....

2. Hard Top Interior Rips. The load bay canopy interior has large tears in the vinyl, and needs fixed. This was part of the reason I got a good price on it! It looks like a commonly seen manufacturer hardtop with pop out window and rear wing (Avenger XTC?).
Does anyone know if it's possibly to easily remove the vinyl and foamand just leave fiberglass, or alternatively a good way to get the vinyl replaced for less than the cost of a replacement top?My Truckman top is just bare fibreglass, so that option is certainly possible

3. Load bay light. Sould the interior light in the load bay turn on with a door opening, or manually be switched on?Again unsure, would have thought that logically it would come on when the canopy is opened ..... is it actually connected to the trucks electrics?

4. Lastly, There is also a Tm button on the LHS of the steering wheel. I assume this is the Voice Sat Nav. Is this worth using?, or more hassle than Google maps on a phone as I do now?This is a subscription service voice satnav ......... don't know anyone that uses it ...personally stick to google maps!

Apologies for the long first post, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Ilook forward to being involved in the forum.

Cheers
kiwifraser

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 angel eyes

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor