Another power steering leak (PRAM) 🙀🙀

#1 by robert3040 , Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 am

A new member has asked me the following and is looking for help from a PRAM member 😁

I have a leak from the front of my truck and have been advised that it is power steering fluid, looks like a seal has gone and been told im looking at a new until and have been quoted £438 supplied and fitted. Do you have any experience of this sort of issue.

Anyone got any info on a cheaper method of this repair ? Cheers in advance, Rab

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Central Scotland

" going where you ain't been"

robert3040
Date registered 05.09.2012

RE: Another power steering leak (PRAM) 🙀🙀

#2 by JSpaceman , Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello!

I am the person Rab is speaking about...anyone got any help or ideas on this proplem?

Cheers

JSpaceman  
JSpaceman
Date registered 06.23.2016

#3 by Benson , Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Yep, mine started leaking 5 years ago, filled it up with Lucas Stop Leak and now I just top it up every 8-9 months.
If it is really bad then have a look at the Chinese web-sites, you may be able to get a brand-new one for very little, I've considered this route but can't justify it yet ( more like can't be arsed lol)

2007 Animal in grey
Belts done @ 62.5k
Reversing camera - broke
265/75/16 BFG AT's on black modulars.

Benson
Date registered 10.30.2011

#4 by Alan G , Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:05 am

If its the power steering pump at the engine the try a breakers & fit it yourself

Where in the country are you ??

Site Owner
Semper Fi

Owned a classic 2001 4 life with loads of mods. Sadly now dead after 11 uears abuse/ownership.

Alan G
Forum Legend
Date registered 09.30.2011

#5 by JSpaceman , Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:36 am

Thanks Benson, I have already had some stop leak put in but doesn't seem to have made much difference.

@ Alan G - I'm near Kilsyth and I don't have much experience working on cars/trucks. I've been told by the garage that had a look at it that it was likely to be a seal and that I would be as well changing the pump with the work that would be involved.

JSpaceman  
JSpaceman
Date registered 06.23.2016

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Boost pressure

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor