Hi

#1 by rincewind35 ( Guest ) , Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:52 am

Just wanted to say hi - but also I have not had my request to join authorised?

Anyway I do have a question - I have fitted a roll n lock top to my mk4 2004 double cab - I now need to fit a rollover bar (as I nearly fell off it when shooting) does anyone know how difficult it is to modify the roll n lock to give the mounting space for a roll over bar?

rincewind35

RE: Hi

#2 by rincewind35 ( Guest ) , Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:28 am

pulled the cassette cover off an it looks like its simply a question of cutting the cover to fit 0- bolting the roll bar down and then using copious amounts of tiger seal to fill the gaps between the roll bar base and the cover where its been cut

rincewind35

#3 by krutly , Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:49 am

Hello mate I'm assuming you are a graduate of the "unseen university" by your user-name
details of how to upgrade etc are here ----------> 5-8-16 Welcome to 15 New members
your user-name should be coming up green if you're logged in bud
I've cut my cassette top thingy on my roller shutter to fit bars ........ pics are in my gallery here ----------> g306-roller-shutter.html
but it's possible you may not be able to see the gallery yet unless you're logged in and possibly upgraded
if you are having issues with both then I shall give @Nick and @Admin a nudge for you just in case there is a problem this end

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#4 by stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Hey, I think I have registered. Just wondered how long it takes as I have recently bought a 2003 L200 Warrior 2.5td and in need of help. It's loosing water from the rad and I'm baffled where it's going. It had a new HG but it's still doing it. The previous owner has bypassed a few things but I want to read do it all. Checked today and don't think the egr cooler is connected but the egr valve is still on (I think) Thanks in advance :)

stwoshy

#5 by ronniecabers , Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:46 pm

Is the floor of the truck wet at all... just check in case of a hheater matrix leak

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#6 by Guest , Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:52 pm

[quote=ronniecabers|p382759]Is the floor of the truck wet at all... just check in case of a hheater matrix leak[/quote]

I don't think so, it uses more the more you 'bray' it. I m hoping it is a fault like that and not another 'Hermione Grainger' fault :/

It also seems to be missing something at the top right of engine bay behind the battery. Is that a tank of some sort?

#7 by ronniecabers , Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Don't think there is anything top right behind the battery ... best bet to find a water leak is to add food colouring to your radiator and in theory the leak will stain...obviously make sure the engine is clean first lol!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#8 by Stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Somebody else said about food colouring. Worth a try :) I need to flush radiator out, I've done the expansion tank. (There is oil) Am told it's because it was never done after previous HG so what's the best way and thing to use to flush it all out? Thanks Is it possible to upload pics anywhere?

Stwoshy

#9 by ronniecabers , Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:29 pm

unfortunately you can't post pics until you are upgraded! .. A couple of dishwasher tabs is a good idea to wash through the rad...they get all the grease and cr4p off your dishes!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#10 by stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:33 pm

How do I get upgraded or even become a member? I've registered do I just wait? I had no email back. Any tabs or is it just worth paying £12 for 2.4l rad flush off ebay?

stwoshy

#11 by ronniecabers , Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:36 pm

you could buy radflush ...it does work very well, but dishwasher tablets should work just as well! I'll tag Admin ( @Admin ) to see if she has received your initial registration , it can take a couple of days though due to the hours she works and having a family.

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#12 by Stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:27 pm

cheers no problem :) I just want to get all up and running to sort my truck out :) Only had it a few days but love it aha, so want to be able to travel more than 5 miles without getting worried of it overheating or having to top the water up. I'll either get dish tabs or rad flush. Do you crumble the tabs in or just dissolve them in water then pour the water in. Thanks

Stwoshy

#13 by 123hotchef , Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:49 pm

drop 2 tablets into the rad and let them work there magic

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#14 by Stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 pm

[quote=123hotchef|p382776]drop 2 tablets into the rad and let them work there magic [/quote]

Wicked cheers:) Trip to Lidl it is. Should I drive with them in or just leave the engine running and then turn it off after how many minutes and flush it out?

Stwoshy

#15 by robert3040 , Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm

I done mine 2 weeks ago and popped in sterident X 2 drove for 40 miles drained then done it all again.
Are you getting a grey oily gundge on your rad cap?

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Central Scotland

" going where you ain't been"

robert3040
Date registered 05.09.2012

Last edited 08.30.2016 | Top

#16 by 123hotchef , Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 pm

finish is my choice but lidl will do and what rab said drive for a hour or 2 with them in and flush really well take thermostat out when u flush it for good measure

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#17 by stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:57 pm

[quote=robert3040|p382780]I done mine 2 weeks ago and popped in sterident X 2 drove for 40 miles drained then done it all again.
Are you getting a grey oily gundge on your rad cap?[/quote]

I don't know because there is oil from previous HG fail so I want to drain and clean it to see if there is still oil :/ I'll need to full it up loads after 40 miles aha

stwoshy

#18 by stwoshy ( Guest ) , Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:58 pm

[quote=123hotchef|p382787]finish is my choice but lidl will do and what rab said drive for a hour or 2 with them in and flush really well take thermostat out when u flush it for good measure[/quote]

Is that easy enough to do? Never really been under bonnet of l200 or done anything to any other car radiator

stwoshy

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 Fuel Filter

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor