2004 Classic - 2" body lift

#1 by Harley Stone , Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Alright, I'm about to purchase that mega-kit 2" body lift for my Classic 2004. from xpajun, so I got a few questions before I realize it...

I made a list of what came to my mind what to do while I'm at it, so... please give your insight or remarks on whatever else I should pay attention to
( for all that is holy I cannot find another lifted L200 anywhere near to get more hand-to-hand info... its not a common truck in this area, sadly :\ )

So, here goes....

• gear and transfer lever extensions? Are they needed?
• after the lift, is there any way to avoid trimming the levers surround? Maybe bending the levers somehow?
• bumper - gotta make my own bumper relocation plates/brackets, to close the gap, right...
• side steps.. also gotta move them up.. or do something to close the gap?
• radiator.. do I need to remove or maybe just cut out/trim the cowling ?
• break lines should be long enough, just teasing them out a little should work..? Althou, there is a set of extended brake hoses in the kit (if i get a mega kit)
• probably gotta do something about the spare wheel lowering hole, once the lift is on..

Anything I missed, forgot, should do, buy, cut, drill..?

Thanks

2004 • L200 DoubleCab • 2.5 TD

Harley Stone
Date registered 04.24.2013

RE: 2004 Classic - 2" body lift

#2 by 123hotchef , Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Quote: Harley Stone wrote in post #1
Alright, I'm about to purchase that mega-kit 2" body lift for my Classic 2004. from xpajun, so I got a few questions before I realize it...

I made a list of what came to my mind what to do while I'm at it, so... please give your insight or remarks on whatever else I should pay attention to
( for all that is holy I cannot find another lifted L200 anywhere near to get more hand-to-hand info... its not a common truck in this area, sadly :\ )

So, here goes....

• gear and transfer lever extensions? Are they needed?
• after the lift, is there any way to avoid trimming the levers surround? Maybe bending the levers somehow? yes bend the sticks until they clear see pics in my gallery
• bumper - gotta make my own bumper relocation plates/brackets, to close the gap, right... yep just drill holes in them 2" higher
• side steps.. also gotta move them up.. or do something to close the gap? no not really but if it bothers u u can
• radiator.. do I need to remove or maybe just cut out/trim the cowling ? remove the lower half of the cowling or trim it
• break lines should be long enough, just teasing them out a little should work..? Althou, there is a set of extended brake hoses in the kit (if i get a mega kit) get the mega kit hoses are a good idea
• probably gotta do something about the spare wheel lowering hole, once the lift is on..
yeh cut the lowering pole and weld a uj in it

Anything I missed, forgot, should do, buy, cut, drill..? yes some vac hoses may not be long enough namely the brake servo one just check after the lift lots of bolts on the bumper and mud flaps will snap be prepared

Thanks

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by 123hotchef , Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:27 pm

anything else just holla

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#4 by Harley Stone , Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #3
anything else just holla

Great, thnx for the info, Chef! ...I'll get back to ya once the lift is here and done (or I get stuck)
Cheers!

2004 • L200 DoubleCab • 2.5 TD

Harley Stone
Date registered 04.24.2013

#5 by 123hotchef , Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:56 pm

don't forget the b4 n after pics

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#6 by krutly , Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:31 pm

• gear and transfer lever extensions? Are they needed? I didn't bother
• after the lift, is there any way to avoid trimming the levers surround? Maybe bending the levers somehow?bending them is a neater job
• bumper - gotta make my own bumper relocation plates/brackets, to close the gap, right...I stretched my bumper so no new brackets etc
• side steps.. also gotta move them up.. or do something to close the gap?side steps are attached to cab so go up with the lift
• radiator.. do I need to remove or maybe just cut out/trim the cowling ?dont stick a srcewdriver through your rad when doing this .... I did
• break lines should be long enough, just teasing them out a little should work..? Althou, there is a set of extended brake hoses in the kit (if i get a mega kit)they should just reach but change them sooner rather than later
• probably gotta do something about the spare wheel lowering hole, once the lift is on..I just made the hole a bit bigger so the handle will go in at an angle

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#7 by AD , Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:06 pm

If you are going off road the likes of kirton etc i would change the brake lines for extended ones i also changed the rear one.
I removed the cowl from fan.
Did n't need to lift bumper.
I made hole bigger for gear sticks then super glued rubber back on.
Never give it a thought about hole for spare,

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Spotlights

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor