Tracking!

#1 by janso , Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Took off the 'under armour' and gave it a good scrub, give a coating of satin black to keep it happy for a while. Really need to find the time to get under her with a powerwash and a waxoyl session before next winter...

Anyway, nipped down to ATS with a 20% voucher to get the tracking done. After 'impressing' onto him that I dont want +2 but 0 on the tracking its driving better. However, its still pulling to the left a tad and from reading older posts,is this still right?? I asked him to swap the tyres from front to rear as well which he did, but after he had set the alignment, didnt seem right to me!!

ANY ADVICE GUYS???

After checking the air pressures and inflating from 28 on all for corners to a much comfier 40 psi, its still pulling over, I think another trip down there to sort it out is in order...

L200 Warrior 55 plate
Powerboost
BFG 265/75R16 AT's
Snorkel
Aiming to become All Black!

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

janso  
janso
Date registered 03.16.2012

RE: Tracking!

#2 by Greigboy , Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm

There was a post before stating that a worn steering idler can cause a pull to the left.

I had a bad pull to the left and got my tracking done 3 times by Qwick fit but Tbh I think they made it worse, recently I found that my nearside Front was slightly lower than the drivers side I adjusted my torrison bars to give an equal height both sides and is better but there is still a very slight pull but I can live with it

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by Basil , Tue May 01, 2012 8:18 am

brake bind? breakdown of shock absorber? process of elimination bud, its like playing "find the knocking" at the back end

Basil

2007, Y plate 4life,
2010, 55 plate L200 4work++
March 2013, 11 plate Barbarian. Wrapped, OME all round, remapped to 210, straight piped 2.5" SS.

Basil
Forum Legend
Date registered 03.07.2012

#4 by janso , Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks gents, after another check its still at 0 on alignment and to be fair, I reckon I can live with it, nothing that just handweight sorts out

L200 Warrior 55 plate
Powerboost
BFG 265/75R16 AT's
Snorkel
Aiming to become All Black!

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

janso  
janso
Date registered 03.16.2012

#5 by treeboa , Wed May 02, 2012 12:03 am

the camber which is also adjustable can give this effect

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa

#6 by GaryF , Wed May 02, 2012 12:21 am

Posted by: Greigboy
There was a post before stating that a worn steering idler can cause a pull to the left.

I had a bad pull to the left and got my tracking done 3 times by Qwick fit but Tbh I think they made it worse, recently I found that my nearside Front was slightly lower than the drivers side I adjusted my torrison bars to give an equal height both sides and is better but there is still a very slight pull but I can live with it

Mine is the same took measurements, nearside slightly lower, but haven't had time to adjust just yet.

Electricity Is Just Organised Lightning

2002 4Life D/Cab
Blue/Silver,
S/Steel 'A' Bar, S/Steel Double Rear Bumper with Step, Alloy Side Steps & Tow Bar.
Tub: Checker Plated with S/Steel.
Truckman Canopy.

GaryF

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
I can now look out the back...

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor