L200 4D56 Crankshaft Sprocket Removal

#1 by L200Guest ( Guest ) , Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi,

Just awaiting registration activation but in the meantime....

I'm currently stripping down a 2.5 4D56T so that I can replace the front and rear crankshaft seals (and possibly the balance shaft seals) but I can work out how to remove either of the timing belt sprockets on the crankshaft. I've done a fair amount of research and solutions range from applying lots of heat to using gear pullers - I don't really want to heat the crankshaft because I think it will cause damage, but have looked into using gear pullers. The problem I have is that there are only two places that I can insert the puller arm between the innermost sprocket and the engine block - they are 11 o'clock and 7 o'clock which clearly means that the puller won't be pulling the sprocket off squarely. If I set the puller up as a two-leg puller I can get one leg in at 7 o'clock but the other leg will not get behind the sprocket - it literally just touches the lip of the sprocket. The clearance is about 3mm so I don't think any puller will get behind it.

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions I would be really grateful - this has had me stumped for three days now. On a side note, I see that replacement sprocket have a slot for the Woodfuff key so I am right in thinking that the sprocket has to come off before the key will come out.......aren't I? It's stuck solid at the moment so I haven't tried to force it out just yet.

Many thanks

L200Guest

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cheapest option for better exhaust sound

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor