Front wheel arch inner covers

#1 by Kytey ( Guest ) , Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:39 am

Hi all,
Just bought a 2007 animal l200 and generally all seems well. However I noticed that looking under the front wheel arches it is possible to see through to the engine bay. It looks like there should be some kind of cover there as other wise mud etc will get in on to the engine etc. There appears to be some fixing holes too which have nothing attached. I have a picture but can't see how to upload it.

Any info or suggestions on where I could see a picture of theinsides of a normal 2007 front wheel arch would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Kytey

RE: Front wheel arch inner covers

#2 by Major Malfunction , Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 am

There should be a thin rubber sheet that covers the area, if yours is missing then it's either a scrap yard or main dealer or make a set.

Area Rep for Midlands

04 Warrior blacK,EGR blanked & removed,,De cat,Extended shackles,Pro shocks,
Ironman torsion bars,Ironman shockers,Wind deflectors,New fuel tank,New sump
Wheel spacers,Snorkel,Side marker lights,K&N air filter.

Major Malfunction
Date registered 07.12.2014

Last edited 12.04.2016 | Top

#3 by Guest , Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:31 am

Thanks major! Do you know of anywhere where I could see a picture of one to get me started? Or better still a part number? I've tried googling various phrases like "wheel arch inner mud gaurd" or "wheel arch engine bay cover" but come up with nothing.

#4 by 123hotchef , Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

make your own mate some rubber sheet or lino or anything else you can lay your hands on i made my own longer ones after my 3" body lif because the old ones were too short plenty of pics on the forum but you need to register to see them, it is free to register and join mate. Where you from?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#5 by Guest , Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am

Hi, I'm from Cornwall. Yeh I think it'll be handy to join the forum as I'm a complete amateur! Thanks

#6 by krutly , Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:53 am

hopefully you can see this pic....
plenty of advice on the forum bud so get yourself joined up
I'm your local forum rep and there's a place near me that breaks L200s, all you need to do is get in touch with Jason and he will have what you are after for sure

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Pls help Use disarm facility but can't get remote to work now

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor