bov wiring

#1 by andy ( Guest ) , Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:53 pm

[help] im in the middle of fitting a blow off valve to my 2011 warrior , has anyone done this ? I;m looking for info as to were to wire up the yellow (excite) wire for bov ?

andy

RE: bov wiring

#2 by Nick , Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Didn't think the turbo's on L200s had external exits for BOV's
Thought they did it inside the exhaust

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 01.01.2017 | Top

#3 by Guest , Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:06 pm

hiya , its an after market kit I'm fitting I need to locate a feed to position sensor with varieable volts in line with throttle being pressed , cant seem to find position sensor ?

#4 by Nick , Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Quote: A guest wrote in post #3
hiya , its an after market kit I'm fitting I need to locate a feed to position sensor with varieable volts in line with throttle being pressed , cant seem to find position sensor ?

Yes its may be an after market kit but the pressure needs to blow off outside to be heard,
I always thought L200s blew off straight into the exhaust
Pretty sure this has been asked loads of times and its a no

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 01.01.2017 | Top

#5 by animal , Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:57 pm

I fitted one , the standard kits are crap if it's an eBay job . The bov doesn't hold boost and leaks pressure . I bought an expensive dual piston valve to improve the kit and it worked better but still couldn't hold full boost so I put a stronger spring in the valve , it then held boost but the spring was so strong it hardly released any boost pressure .
My advice , don't fit it , it's fun for about an hour then really annoying .
The problem is td engines run high boost , and don't run a vacuum /pressure the same as petrol engines , there for the kit relies on the spring pressure to keep it closed and the electric kit to control the pressure only pipe to suck it open when you let off the accelerator .
I know you won't listen as I was exactly the same . But you won't gain anything performance wise , all you'll get is a "tsshhh " noise from it if you tune it right . Oh and less mpg As i found out . Hence I removed it and fitted a hard pipe kit .
Now I have a snorkel and performance filter fitted I actually get a better sound coming through the snorkel when I let off the accelerator .

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

But as I know you will still want to fit it anyway "as I did against all advice" you'll find there is no wire under the bonnet that will work with the kit , the only way is to extend the wire down into the footwell area and fit a micro solenoid switch on the accelerator pedal that clicks open when you let the accelerator off and wire it up to a switchable live by the fuse box . I tried all the possible wires on the intake of the truck and they all just made the dump valve open and close randomly and the truck drove like crap .

Save the time and effort now and don't do it ....

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#6 by animal , Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#7 by andy ( Guest ) , Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:26 pm

ha ha cheers animal yeah i', thinking of giving it the file number 13 treatment !

andy

#8 by Putty ( Guest ) , Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:16 am

Hi,
Just read this post, was thinking of fitting a Bov on my l200 05 not because i
Think they sound good but to cure a problem that no one seems to be able to
The problem is its overboosting, if I don't remove the rubber pipe going to
The turbo to operate the actuator to dump the pressure it stays in the
Open position, no pressure, and there is no power the vehicle also spits out loads
Of black smoke
So I have to leave the pipe of to be able to drive it
Hence overboosting.
Think Def electrical but don't know where to start
Incidentally the Rev counter has stopped working don't know if this is related
Hope someone can help with this

Putty

#9 by 123hotchef , Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 am

Quote: A guest wrote in post #8
Hi,
Just read this post, was thinking of fitting a Bov on my l200 05 not because i
Think they sound good but to cure a problem that no one seems to be able to
The problem is its overboosting, if I don't remove the rubber pipe going to
The turbo to operate the actuator to dump the pressure it stays in the
Open position, no pressure, and there is no power the vehicle also spits out loads
Of black smoke
So I have to leave the pipe of to be able to drive it
Hence overboosting.
Think Def electrical but don't know where to start
Incidentally the Rev counter has stopped working don't know if this is related
Hope someone can help with this

dont waste ur time with a BOV these are VV turbos, check the revoultuon sensor for rev counter

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 2005 warrior rev counter and revs dipping

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor