Remote Central Locking

#1 by St3veO , Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Ok. Just starting on the project and already got a snag. Have dropped the driver's side fusebox and disconnected the white connector. Have confidence this is the locking as it no longer works when disconnected. However the is absolutely no room to move out get to the wires easily. Privacy didn't help I'm a 50yr old with a bad back. Can anyone tell me either what I can move to make more room or suggest an easier location to get to? Also I've posted a photo, without having to test does anyone know what wires lock, unlock and earth are please?

g769p7996-IMG.html#viewport

Secondly for the gubbins in te second photo under the dash. It's a Hella relay. I've spots on the front but there Ring and don't work as they've been disconnected. Would you think they are for the Spotlights?

g769p7997-IMG.html#viewport

I'm planning on writing in as per the how to on here today but an puzzled why they are wired into the front?

St3veO  
St3veO
Date registered 01.18.2017

RE: Remote Central Locking

#2 by 123hotchef , Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:16 pm

yes that is the central locking plug just earth the black wires to find out what locks/unlocks as I already said

that relay is after market so probably for those spots

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by St3veO , Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:49 pm

Finally sorted. Despite shorting out my lights after taking the wrong + wire I now have working central locking. Thank you to all who gave me advice. Heaven only knows what I would have done without it!

St3veO  
St3veO

#4 by 2810robin , Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 pm

Following this with interest is it normal for the passenger lock to only undo that door and not operate the full central locking? Have to go remote if that's the case - so annoying!

2810robin  
2810robin
Date registered 01.21.2017

#5 by St3veO , Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:08 pm

I went to remote as the driver's door cylinder was getting hard to operate and I was worried about snapping the key. When I did use the door lock though it did lock all doors as did the passenger one. I know I had a few probs but mine were made worse as I have a bad back injury which makes bending down an issue.
I would really say for the price of under 10 quid it is a great upgrade.

St3veO  
St3veO

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
OBD2 tuning?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor