New to the l200 club

#1 by What to look for ( Guest ) , Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello!!... I'm just looking for advice really, I'm about to be posted to Cyprus and I'm thinking of exporting a pick up out with me. What would anyone advise when choosing a truck for daily rough Tourane? I like the look of the l200 and looking to spend about 4-5k on a 2004-2005. But my concerns are getting hold of parts and knowing what problems they're renound to have or not have. Am I choosing the right truck for the area/climate? Any views would be greatly appreciated as I'm yet to purchase my truck.

What to look for

RE: New to the l200 club

#2 by animal , Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Your being posted to Cyprus .
That's gonna be a big envelope and quite a few first class stamps me thinks ....

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#3 by animal , Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Seriously though .
My top choice if your after getting parts easy would have to be a hilux .
I know I should be saying l200 but all the hiluxs I've had have been pretty faultless and easy to find parts for ...
If you were after something over here to make nice and have fun it would be an l200

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#4 by ronniecabers , Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 pm

but you are unlikely to get a Hilux of the same age for that amount of cash.... for £4000-£5000 you could get a newer shape ( 2006 onwards )

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Turbo issue

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor